Turning the Barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Wrong. It arcs on the side of his body ie right side for a righty. Not behind him.
I think by behind he meant catcher's side of the body..not behind him as in towards the third base dugout (for a RH)
Of course, depending on where the batter's barrel is at launch there maybe a portion that is towards the dugout (e.g. if they
start in neck slot)

May 12, 2016
Wrong. It arcs on the side of his body ie right side for a righty. Not behind him.
Not wrong, because I didn't make a claim where it arcs. Can you please illustrate what you mean by "side of his body". We could be talking about the same thing here.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
No forcing of barrel turn.. The barrel is floating behind while the free hands seek an optimal pivot point for the pitch being delivered.

TWLDgGQ.gif

ppX39NF.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
They turn the knob to go in a direction... to the ball. They don’t turn it to get the barrel going behind them.... Silly internet magic to lure dads and their wallets.

Turn the knob deeper. A bit of a revision from his older vids. Lol. Still references the knob to the ball deep. He must read my posts here and other places. Haha.

All along I have seen numerous people state "turn the barrel to the ball". "Turn the knob to the ball" is just a different way of saying the same thing. I don't think you realize it, but all you are doing is describing TM's laser drill. I"m sure he appreciates your support...:cool:

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
In the other thread Rose's hand path was traced out for you and it wasn't a straight line if that is what you mean by "most direct line"..Hand path is going to depend on pitch location...

That’s the point though. There is a hand path. That’s what the barrel follows. It’s not turn the barrel up through the ball. It’s not the ‘actions’ that the pros are creating. The most optimal path is a straight line. But unfortunately timing and movement are variables and can make the hand path curve a bit. But mostly on the inside local, when a hitter is late or there is late movement on the pitch. Imo that’s the beauty of a hand path. Its adjustable.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
All along I have seen numerous people state "turn the barrel to the ball". "Turn the knob to the ball" is just a different way of saying the same thing. I don't think you realize it, but all you are doing is describing TM's laser drill. I"m sure he appreciates your support...:cool:

Anyone with half a brain knows ‘laser the ball’ is knob to the ball. Lol. He has been revising and will continue as he learns the mlb pattern. he will come full circle. He just learned about swing momentum and that the shift powers the swing. Only a matter of time. 😎

But at least we all know that it’s ‘turn the knob’ not the barrel. Turn the knob palm up towards the ball.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone with half a brain knows ‘laser the ball’ is knob to the ball. Lol. He has been revising and will continue as he learns the mlb pattern. he will come full circle. He just learned about swing momentum and that the shift powers the swing. Only a matter of time. 😎

But at least we all know that it’s ‘turn the knob’ not the barrel. Turn the knob palm up towards the ball.

Lol!! As long as you believe that (bold above), I guess that's all that matters. I will continue to feel comfortable in my belief that turning one automatically means turning the other. I have not seen any proof to make me believe otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2