Turf shoe and Cleats wearing out too fast in the toe area!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
The New Balance Fuse turf and metal cleats are my daughter’s favorite. Feels like sneakers and are light on her feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
The New Balance Fuse turf and metal cleats are my daughter’s favorite. Feels like sneakers and are light on her feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the area by the big toe a harder plastic/rubber to help pitchers toes not wear away so fast like the Ringor?

Feb 6, 2020
Go to the shoe department at Walmart, on the rack with shoe laces. You'll see a product called "Shoe Goo". It's in a red/white tube. Squirt that on your shoe and spread it around. You can always add more if needed but it will harden and protect any shoe or cleat.
This is what I used when I used to pitch and have started using it for my daughter now also.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Go to the shoe department at Walmart, on the rack with shoe laces. You'll see a product called "Shoe Goo". It's in a red/white tube. Squirt that on your shoe and spread it around. You can always add more if needed but it will harden and protect any shoe or cleat.

I don't know why I never thought of this. I use Shoe Goo to help repair some of my hockey equipment. It's great. Going to give this a try as DD is starting to wear down her current cleats and we've only barely started Summer.

I use the gorilla glue clear epoxy it’s clear my DD hates it when her cleats have a big glob of tuff toe or shoe goo. When it starts to wear I just smooth on a little more it’s cheap and will out last the plastic on Ringor which I used to put it on the Ringor also.

Nov 15, 2019
Hurlersthletic.com is like the Tuff Toe. Was shopping for my DD and started talking to this other customer who claims she plays DII and everyone on the team used Hurler. She was like don’t waste time and money trying to do it at home. If you go Ringor you might bed more then half size up. My daughter always has to buy Nike half size up sometimes a full size. Based on that I ended up ordering her a fill size up and they are fit perfect.

Jun 19, 2020
DD wears the toe out on her drag foot within 2-3 weeks if its not protected. I have patched them with shoe goo to prolong the life in the past. Tuff Toe has been the answer for us. I applied it to her turf shoes and last pair of cleats. They have lasted for close to a year. I bought my last pair of New Balance from Tuff Toe and paid a few extra bucks for them to add the material. DD has tried the Ringors, and the leather is exceptional. She says the soles make her feet hurt and is adamant about using NB. To each their own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802