TTB vs HTTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

T
Just general comments, not specifically for you Shawn. Learn good sequence, good posture, how to use the core to pull while being reinforced by both legs.. = push swing eliminated, = good barrel path.

Of course the hands are important, but if missing the components above you will have to rely on them more to achieve good barrel path and end up forcing them to do some unnatural crap(TTB). That’s why I refer to TTB has a bandaid fix, bypassing the other important components in an “attempt” to match(barrel path) what we see from the best in the game.

Others will say you can still TTB with the other important components in place... if the other components are in place you never have to think about TTB ... it becomes obsolete, then we can practice the truth, “down to”.
Thank you I’ve been wanting to post my thoughts on this subject but you worded it perfectly. There’s no way everyone is going to agree on a best swing mechanics because both push and pull mechanics can work great. what is best for your student may not be best for my student. With my DD once I got her lower half right she automatically TTB without physically trying to TTB.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
And FWIW, I am joking around too. I always got a good laugh out of the old HI group when the band was still together. But it's clear HI is a trigger point for you, so I will drop it...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Give me a f%#@ing break.. are you serious right now? I thought pattar was kind of kidding and I was playing along.. however. You want to talk about the way I phrase my beliefs? How about your leader? And I am not talking about the guy on Twitter either.

don’t let it weigh on you. It’s not worth it. What’s good and bad is coming out slowly. Whose on the right track and way off track is as well. Let it play out. Much more climactic that way. 🙂

May 12, 2016
And FWIW, I am joking around too. I always got a good laugh out of the old HI group when the band was still together. But it's clear HI is a trigger point for you, so I will drop it...
HI is not a trigger for me.. wasn't around then, so I have no ideal what you are talking about. It's the reference to cult that set me off, and I kind of figured pattar was kidding, I completely missed the humor in your post.. my apologies, but how was that supposed to be funny?

Jun 8, 2016
HI is not a trigger for me.. wasn't around then, so I have no ideal what you are talking about. It's the reference to cult that set me off, and I kind of figured pattar was kidding, I missed the humor in your post.. my apologies
I mean both of us didn't expect you, @TDS and @Work=wins to lock yourselves in a complex with videos of Albert swinging down plastered all over the walls so yeah we were obviously kidding around with respect to the use of the word cult..

Aug 20, 2017
giphy.gif

Your best swing. It’s sequenced properly due to some FYB

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
HI is not a trigger for me.. wasn't around then, so I have no ideal what you are talking about. It's the reference to cult that set me off, and I kind of figured pattar was kidding, I completely missed the humor in your post.. my apologies, but how was that supposed to be funny?

Back in the day, there was a group of HI members that would move from forum to forum. They would spend most of their time high-fiving each other, smacking each other on the back, and talking down to anyone that was capable of thinking on their own. Just happened to notice some similarities, that's all. I won't bring it up again. It's not worth it. I apologize if I offended you.

As I have stated before, I have no issue with many of the things being discussed. I don't care for some of the tactics, but that is unlikely to change. Pack mentality rules I guess. Sorry for derailing the conversation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee