TTB and Swing Adjustability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
You are technically right on every bit of that. No disagreement, I just was searching for the "feel" which is ambiguous. I was trying to understand what they are feeling. Not what is happening. It is like when your wife starts talking to you about a problem and you immediately try to start to solve the problem. She doesn't want you to solve the problem, just to listen to her. Sometimes if not most the time feelings contradict logic and reality. Doesn't mean they are not real.
The "feel" is personal to you specifically but you have to do the movements to experience them first. Cart then horse. I can't define for you what a hot pot "feels" like. Touch it and you'll "know".
BTW We're not talking emotions. That'd be way more complicated.

Jul 29, 2013
I know what I said in this thread, and I haven't asked others to post their swings to judge or analyze or prove their self. I asked one person to post a(not their swing) swing because they said they could perform all the mechanics of a HL swing and still swing down to and down through. I wanted to see that.. that's it.

I have a lot of respect for Williams.. but when you have to go back to 1986 magazine article to prove a point.. that is desperate. And I am not discounting anything Williams said, but maybe somebody can explain what he means by "Down to, you can't use your hips". In my mind I see that as a person standing tall, no posture, ABAF top down swing. And that's not the mechanics of a high level swing.
TTB might work for any player, but I don't think it's the correct approach. It happens in every swing at some point, but it doesn't mean it's a good swing. IMO TTB should be the least of a hitters concerns, it's ok to understand, but should not be forced, It will occur anyway. Like I said to you before, I don't really care, listen to Antonelli.

Also like I said many times in this thread, my initial argument is not to convince coaches to change strategies, jut all the BS about feel vs real.. down to is real, TTB happens naturally.

Also when I say I suck, I mean relatively speaking. Comparing me to Atonelli is like like comparing Antonelli to Trout, Pujois, Arod, Yelich, Thome, Bonds etc etc
One person, who? Because they said they could perform ...down thru
Ted Williams 1986 but he still holds the MLB batting avg and he hit for power, dead pulll, no utm crap and via his instructions, obviously didn't practice hitting down.
Why not show us your ability to hit down while using your hips rather than asking us to prove a negative.
Down to means hands first, no leverage. But you'd need to do it to understand. If you don't swing, you can't feel it.
TTB is a specific movement, it doesn't happen naturally, and can become difficult to master if you're being told and demo'd to hit down and thru.

Please post your swing so we can determine if you suck like Antonelli sucks v Trout et al. Or if your talk is strictly hypothetical and not based in reality.
Aka... fantasy.

Finally, it's not possible to perform all the mechanics of a high level swing and be down and thru because that's not high level.
Down to is real but means your going to the dug out and out of the majors quickly thereafter. (If you can get there in the first place)
Please post some game swings with zero TTB that are good swings, good results.

TTB is a must for a high level swing. Doesn't occur naturally for most. If it did, we'd all play mlb.

May 12, 2016
One person, who? Because they said they could perform ...down thru
Ted Williams 1986 but he still holds the MLB batting avg and he hit for power, dead pulll, no utm crap and via his instructions, obviously didn't practice hitting down.
Why not show us your ability to hit down while using your hips rather than asking us to prove a negative.
Down to means hands first, no leverage. But you'd need to do it to understand. If you don't swing, you can't feel it.
TTB is a specific movement, it doesn't happen naturally, and can become difficult to master if you're being told and demo'd to hit down and thru.

Please post your swing so we can determine if you suck like Antonelli sucks v Trout et al. Or if your talk is strictly hypothetical and not based in reality.
Aka... fantasy.

Finally, it's not possible to perform all the mechanics of a high level swing and be down and thru because that's not high level.
Down to is real but means your going to the dug out and out of the majors quickly thereafter. (If you can get there in the first place)
Please post some game swings with zero TTB that are good swings, good results.

TTB is a must for a high level swing. Doesn't occur naturally for most. If it did, we'd all play mlb.
Who, it's in this thread. He was kind enough to demo because I've never seen anybody able to swing down to and down through with HL sequence and posture. Again, I only asked him to, because he said he could.

Again the best hitters in the game show us down to all the time...AKA doesn't get more real. Nah I'm not biting on this one when we have unlimited footage of the best in the world, and you argue with them. So, there is no point

Down to, means down to from a leverage position.. otherwise the result would be the "down to" as you understand it.. meaning you don't really understand it :).

My talk is based on what the best hitters in the world say... quite frankly it is not my talk at all, it's their talk. Again, your argument is not with me, it's with them. Are you really that arrogant?

Going to the dug out.. yeah ok. Trout = Dugout, Pujois = Dugout, Yelich = Dugout, Freeman = Dugout, Cruz = Dugout. Stick to the facts.. not what you believe.... AKA your fantasy

Cannot post a swing with no TTB.. it happens naturally in every swing. Post a swing where the barrel doesn't turn to meet the ball.. anybody any level. I promise the barrel will turn to meet the ball, LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Jul 29, 2013
Who, it's in this thread. He was kind enough to demo because I've never seen anybody able to swing down to and down through with HL sequence and posture. Again, I only asked him to, because he said he could.

Again the best hitters in the game show us down to all the time...AKA doesn't get more real. Nah I'm not biting on this one when we have unlimited footage of the best in the world, and you argue with them. So, there is no point

Down to, means down to from a leverage position.. otherwise the result would be the "down to" as you understand it.. meaning you don't really understand it :).

My talk is based on what the best hitters in the world say... quite frankly it is not my talk at all, it's their talk. Again, your argument is not with me, it's with them. Are you really that arrogant?

Going to the dug out.. yeah ok. Trout = Dugout, Pujois = Dugout, Yelich = Dugout, Freeman = Dugout, Cruz = Dugout. Stick to the facts.. not what you believe.... AKA your fantasy

Cannot post a swing with no TTB.. it happens naturally in every swing. Post a swing where the barrel doesn't turn to meet the ball.. anybody any level. I promise the barrel will turn to meet the ball, LOL
I'm gonna agree with Ted. I see the elite swing with my eyes and it is slightly up, no matter what it feels like.
The old saying goes, "Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see." They made the saying because they experienced the bs.

May 12, 2016
I'm gonna agree with Ted. I see the elite swing with my eyes and it is slightly up, no matter what it feels like.
The old saying goes, "Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see." They made the saying because they experienced the bs.
Hmm interesting saying;
* It contradicts itself, because it is a saying, ;)
* I do not believe what you are saying, so that's fitting ;)
* You haven't provided a video, only a magazine clipping, so again I am only reading, not really seeing, so I guess I can disregard that as well. ;)
* I provided many many videos of the pros, what they practice, what they demo, and how they swing... seeing is believing, or in your case half believing.
* Live by the word, die by the word... Hey? :)

Jul 29, 2013
Hmm interesting saying;
* It contradicts itself, because it is a saying, ;)
* I do not believe what you are saying, so that's fitting ;)
* You haven't provided a video, only a magazine clipping, so again I am only reading, not really seeing, so I guess I can disregard that as well. ;)
* I provided many many videos of the pros, what they practice, what they demo, and how they swing... seeing is believing, or in your case half believing.
* Live by the word, die by the word... Hey? :)
Hopeless

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
L0trsSw.gif

yrDZtmK.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812