Tryout results

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
Our first time through Travel tryouts has been positive.
My 12 DD decided on 5 teams to try out for... tried for all 5 ...9 total try outs.

Team 1: 12 new kids, new coach, My DD would be top pitcher...furthest away, most expensive....the nicest kids & coach.

Team 2: 2nd 12U team, top pitcher, only 6 kids so far.

Team 3: Top pitcher, very laid back organization...stay in state.

Team 4: Good org, #3 pitcher, 2nd furthest away. Good coaches. We signed her up for Fall Ball with this org.

Team 5 : last tryout today, no word yet.

Offers from 4 of the 5 teams so far.

We honestly didn't think we would get this many offers....so now we have to decide .....
...actually just hoped for one position anywhere ..

So far been very positive....

One factor we didn't figure on ... our DD measures a team upon the nice kids .. not the level of softball....only two teams with nice kids.... (team 1 team 4) ...
The girls from team 1 actually greeted all the new girls at the tryout, introduced themselves..etc....level didn't matter .. they were very nice.
The girls from 12U all aged into 14..none left this org ...
Parents at tryout really "roting" for all the kids to do well...

Many options...

May 12, 2008
If they don't enjoy their team mates and the experience at this age they won't enjoy the game.

Aug 21, 2008
if she's very dedicated, and wants to have the best season experience, i would say go for 1, because she can get someone to sponsor her and lower the cost, and if you play with nice kids and coaches, you'll enjoy the season more.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
tryout results

Although we have no doubt that she would form friendships once they started practicing playing as a team, we are inclined to go with her comfort from the start.

I'll just have to sell more stuff on Ebay!

Mar 11, 2009
ttt

Although we have no doubt that she would form friendships once they started practicing playing as a team, we are inclined to go with her comfort from the start.

I'll just have to sell more stuff on Ebay!

Let me know what kind of pitching stuff you might sell...I might buy it for my DD....;)

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
try out results

Hi,
I don't sell pitching stuff ... just whatever I can find to bring in some extra $$ to help with gas, food, whatever for kid sports ...

My DD picked a good team with a good coach ... #2 pitcher ...
She can finally throw normally, now working on hitting (ugh)
Pitching is good ... accuracy great, hits spots, slowly gaining speed ...

First Tourn this weekend ...
11 kids on the team ... 10 really mesh together, get along, are getting to be friends and really seem to like each other, support each other.

May 5, 2008
Hope your DD enjoys her season! You said 10 really mesh together...not the other one player?

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
tryout results

There is always one ... doesn't come to practice, bossy when she is there ... not that good.

First Tourn this weekend ... it was good.

Only one pitcher pitched 4 games so wondering how much this kid can take doing that every weekend plus middle school and little league ...
12U ...

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
tryouts

You never really know what you are getting into until your in it deep.

Initial impressions can be deceiving, especially if you are new to this.

Just gather as much info and possibly input from previous players / parents and hope for the best.

Jury is still out with us...we will evaluate at the end of the season.
Had to try to see if it was what we wanted and what was good for our DD.

Really good LL player, not quite good enough for the Travel team.
Could work out fine....just keep practicing!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28