Triple Crown wants a bailout from taxpayers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2012
NC
We decided not to do their Myrtle Beach Tournament due to the refund policy. If the tournament is cancelled for any reason they keep 20%. Unless you want to transfer it to another tournament. Sorry we are a last year 18u team and won’t need to reschedule. So we just didn’t send money in at all and will just drop off the penciled in list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I did not read the entire article. I do not support a bailout of taxpayer money for Triple Crown Sports. Triple Crown Sports is going to have to figure it out, or they will go bankrupt. Not what I would call an essential business at this time.

Good luck getting your money back if they go bankrupt.

May 29, 2015
If you are a youth sports organization for the sake of youth sports, then you should not have too many sunk costs that you need to recover.

If you are a small business ... then get in line for the fiasco that is the small business package.

Quit trying to hide behind the kids to keep your living alive. Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but this bailout thing (current and coming) is rubbing me the wrong way.

From the article

As of April 13, approximately 113 organizations had signed the letter asking Congress for help. Among the organizations are leading providers of travel team sports, as well as USA Football, US Lacrosse, U.S. Soccer Foundation, USA Volleyball, USA Wrestling, Pop Warner, PONY Baseball and Softball, software providers TeamSnap and SportsEngine, and some non-profit providers such as Girls on the Run International, Up2Us Sports, and America SCORES. The Aspen Institute Sports & Society Program is reviewing the proposal and has not taken a position on the letter.

Sad to see PONY on there, as I had higher thoughts of them.

My political comments on Rodney Davis will be withheld.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802