Triple Crown Sports Nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 31, 2014
Just curious who else had a horrible experience with this tournament?? Lack of umpires and the ones they did have they didn't treat right. No hospitality room for the officials and the first day didn't even supply water for the umpires at the complex we were playing. Second day was scheduled to play at one complex only to arrive and find out that no umpires had shown up to call the games before so we had to wait a couple hours. After the couple of hours we were told to relocate to another complex 25 miles away, complete game one and win and have to wait another 6 hours to play game 2 of the day. All in all 13 hours at the field in 100 degree heat and only play 2 games. We won our first game and should have been played our last game at 12:30 but ended up playing last game of the day at 7pm. It was just one screw up after another, they ended up getting enough officials but on day three we played 4 seven inning games back to back to back to back without being given a break for the girls to eat. On top of all this there were no trainers available to take care of any injuries or give players ice. Seems like TCS got $2200 as an entry fee per team and decided to go on the cheap. We have played TCS tournaments before and never had anything this screwed up.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Sorry to hear about your poor experience at the tournament. That really sucks.

If it makes you feel any better my son played in a tournament today. They had a 9am game and there was no umpires for the game. It wasn't like the umpire did not show up. All six fields had 9am games, and there was no umpires for any of those games. Somehow the tournament director had a communication error with the umpiring organization. The 9am games finally started about 10:45am.

For a $2,200 entry fee your situation seems pretty poor.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
$2,200 entry fee indicates TC/USA Nats in Austin, TX. First time this event has been held there.

That's what I was thinking. When played there 2 years ago and it very well ran IMO. We are looking at playing there again next year since it's some what local for us. Hate to hear it wasn't well organized for that amount of money.

Mar 26, 2013
That's what I was thinking. When played there 2 years ago and it very well ran IMO. We are looking at playing there again next year since it's some what local for us. Hate to hear it wasn't well organized for that amount of money.
I can't tell whether you're referring to TC/USA Nats or other events in Austin. TC/USA Nats changes sites every year and I expect most of the local event work is done by the local TCS admin. It would be interesting to hear what kind of track record Austin has for major TCS events.

Dec 11, 2010
It's my understanding that the snafu had something to do with using a local, non-TCS person to hire and schedule umpires. Bet that won't happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802