Travesty of the game call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
if a team is entering tournaments like that, should not have 15 on the roster, more like 11 or 12

no one is served with a roster that large, unless you are expecting on a regular baiss to be missing a few girls (ie oldeer teams with SATs, prom, etc. to worry about), or have a number of P only players (who should not be batting when they are not pitching, and maybe not even then).

I agree with you. Last year, my DD's team had a full roster of 18, but being a mixed 16U/18U squad, the roster at game would be smaller, depending on which age group they were playing. We ran into a few teams with packed dugouts and everyone batting, however.

Jun 20, 2015
score was not purposely ran up. no stealing after 1st inning, no advancing on past balls, no stretching of base hits. We batted all 14 of our players and pitched a girl that will tell you first thing "I'm not a pitcher".

But I'm not giving away outs in 1st or 2nd inning of any game by leaving bases early. This is 18u, not 10u rec ball.

Mar 1, 2013
12u pony tournament i worked once had a team that was way above the rest. Probably should have entered at a higher level tournament. Final run differential for them when they won it all was something like 130 to 2. They were ridiculously overmatching all teams they played. I had them three games that day. They weren't purposefully running up the score. In fact, I would watch them do things designed to keep teams closer so they could keep playing. During one late day game in about the 5th inning, I recall hearing the opposing team's chattering and saying stuff like, "I can't wait until they run-rule us so we can rest for the next game". I was on the bases at that point and mentioned to the good team's first base coach when he came back out that, "two runs and we are done". "Understood blue". This team turned it back on and within 3 batters pushed the winning run across the plate. Sometimes you cannot help if the teams you're matched against are just no match.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478