Traveling over spring break for games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Just wondering - does your DD’s school/team have a plan in place if their team travels over spring break for college spring training games with regards to Covid? More specifically, is there a plan in place if a team member starts feeling sick while away and tests positive? We (team parents) had a call about this with our coach and are trying to develop a plan if someone tests positive and is unable to fly back home with the team. Just looking for ideas to share. Thanks!

May 27, 2013
I am surprised there is that level of communication between a college coach and a college player's parents.

Call was set up by the coach. Trying to have a plan in place so trip doesn’t get canceled. Throwing ideas around. Coaches and parents just want to be able to let the team have their trip so they can play.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2014
Sounds very forward thinking of the coach.... did your DDs team go with hotel rooms or a rental house ?

I would think if well planned there could be very little exposure on a trip like this.

May 27, 2013
Sounds very forward thinking of the coach.... did your DDs team go with hotel rooms or a rental house ?

I would think if well planned there could be very little exposure on a trip like this.

Rental house. Coach just wants to be sure if someone does get sick while on the trip (and their parents are not on the trip) that they will be taken care of and will not have to stay alone or eventually fly home alone if needing to quarantine.

We believe there will be very little exposure as well - biggest risk is probably the flight down. Just want to be prepared.

Jun 11, 2012
DD’s school is taking the bus from Boston to Myrtle Beach. Case counts here are dropping rapidly so I’m hoping that by March it’s not going to be as big of an issue. That being said, if they have a plan in place I haven’t heard anything about it.

Feb 7, 2014
DD’s school is taking the bus from Boston to Myrtle Beach. Case counts here are dropping rapidly so I’m hoping that by March it’s not going to be as big of an issue. That being said, if they have a plan in place I haven’t heard anything about it.
Yeah, I haven't heard anything either, but I also assume if one kid or coach gets it the odds that they will all be exposed and the week will be done for the exposed team will be very high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee