Travel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2016
We’re thinking about making the jump to travel but having a hard time finding a local team. Besides hey bucket is there another website you would recommend to find tryouts? My daughter is a catcher and looking for a team in Orange County California somewhere. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2017
Do a search and find the teams around you and make a few calls. We thought
about travel but might be more than the family wants right now. We found a neighbor
town that was holding tryouts for a All star team to play a fall league. Two games
on Saturdays and a tournament at the end.
Good luck !

Jun 29, 2013
In OC? Just ask anyone you know with a daughter who plays and you'll get a few recommendations. You are in the hottest market in the state and I guarantee you can find at least 6 teams to try out for this week.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We’re thinking about making the jump to travel but having a hard time finding a local team. Besides hey bucket is there another website you would recommend to find tryouts? My daughter is a catcher and looking for a team in Orange County California somewhere. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeyBucket is the main hub for travel ball announcements in So Cal - tryouts, friendlies, etc. I apologize for being blunt, but if you can't find a "local" team in OC, you're either not looking very hard, or you're way too restrictive on your definition of "local". It's travel ball. Expect to travel...even to practices. Find the team that's the best fit for your DD (coaching, playing time, team vibe), and learn to enjoy your time in the car with her. Those times will create some of the best memories for both of you.

Tryout season is about to bust wide open in the next few weeks. There are lots of teams out there. Dig through HeyBucket and make a list of everything that's a possibility. Talk to the coaches, attend tryouts, and narrow your list.

What age group is your DD? What part of OC?

EDIT: When my DD started playing TB in 10U, the team was based in Glendora. During our time with the team (through the end of 12U), players came from as far west as Pasadena (us) to as far east as Yucaipa. One family was even making the drive over the hill from Hisperia. My DD's current team (14U) is based in Downey. Players are coming from everywhere between Pasadena and Rancho Santa Maragarita.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Cory1616 - I see in another thread that you have indicated your DD is 10yo.

At this age, being on a winning team is not important. The priorities should be...1) DD is happy, 2) good coaching, 3) lots of playing time. Her preferred position might be catcher, but be accepting that she might be asked to play other positions on the field. She needs to learn how to be a "ballplayer" first - learn the game and develop all-around skills. Specializing can come later.

Do not discount the importance of your DD being happy - with the coaches, with her teammates, and with the team's program. I've seen a lot of good young ballplayers lose their love of the game because they weren't a good fit with the style/attitude of the coaches. As you check out teams, make sure you get your DD's input on how she feels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28