Travel tournaments shut down in Ohio

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
From the director of the New Jersey athletic association this week:

“Maguire wrote that there have been “no known outbreaks precipitated by on-field athletics in New Jersey,” and cited data from TeamSnap, a youth-sports team management application, that receives revenue from children playing team sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed that for you.

The justifications that adults are using to justify playing high school sports is insane. If you think there is little risk and are fine with it than just say so. When they couch it with "think of the children" be sure it's never about the children.

Jul 14, 2018
Fixed that for you.

The justifications that adults are using to justify playing high school sports is insane. If you think there is little risk and are fine with it than just say so. When they couch it with "think of the children" be sure it's never about the children.

I guess you could say that her job is to advocate for student athletes. You could also say that without school sports she’s out of a job.

For my part, my daughter is a pitcher. If I didn’t see the silver lining on every cloud I would jump off a bridge.

Apr 28, 2015
They've removed all doubt in Ohio now. Tournament venues are starting to cancel any tournaments scheduled for the fall. Indiana here we come!

What's worse, when they announced the no tournaments thing a week ago, they said it was OK to play doubleheaders and tripleheaders against a single opponent on any given day. Now they've changed to one game per day only. It's messed up.

Link to that? I can’t locate. Thanks

Feb 12, 2014
I was wrong. Totally wrong. Apologies to everyone. No idea why they didn't enforce it last weekend. No idea how political figures can be this totally incompetent.

Apr 1, 2017
The way the rules are setup don't help.

Here in Illinois, tournaments are banned, although I keep receiving emails from people about signing up for "round robins". To me, playing 3 teams in an afternoon is pretty much a tournament...

For single games, we are supposed to only play teams from our IDPH health region. In my case, that's 2 counties. We're right on the eastern edge of the region. So I can travel 50 miles west and play, but not 2 miles east. However, you can also play anyone, as long as you are in the same league/conference as them. So the same team that's 2 miles away and I can't play a 'friendly' against them, I can play if we sign up for the same league. Apparently, COVID respects league agreements.... Or a more extreme example, I can't play the team 2 miles away in a friendly, but could drive 360 miles south and play in the southern tip of Illinois, assuming we joined the most illogical league ever created.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The way the rules are setup don't help.

Here in Illinois, tournaments are banned, although I keep receiving emails from people about signing up for "round robins". To me, playing 3 teams in an afternoon is pretty much a tournament...

For single games, we are supposed to only play teams from our IDPH health region. In my case, that's 2 counties. We're right on the eastern edge of the region. So I can travel 50 miles west and play, but not 2 miles east. However, you can also play anyone, as long as you are in the same league/conference as them. So the same team that's 2 miles away and I can't play a 'friendly' against them, I can play if we sign up for the same league. Apparently, COVID respects league agreements.... Or a more extreme example, I can't play the team 2 miles away in a friendly, but could drive 360 miles south and play in the southern tip of Illinois, assuming we joined the most illogical league ever created.
Just to share similarity...
360 miles is about the distance teams from calif have to drive out of state for a tourny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee