travel ball regrets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone else have a daughter who wasn’t very athletic and when the chance to play travel came they didn’t want to but then regretted it going into hs ball? weird question but i need some tips on what she/they did because i can’t get over the thought that i had the chance to play travel but not take it. i remember when my mom asked me if i wanted to 1 time and i said idk as i’m not sure and she took it as a no so i never got the chance to play. and now i just wish i did. 🙁🙁 I’m going into hs ball and maybe doing travel but i just wish i did it ya know cause tb is awhile away.

Aug 25, 2019
My DW explained to me teenage girl speak.......Wen I ask her something and if she says "no", the answer is no.....If she says "I don't know", the answer is yes.

Jun 16, 2010
Many HS teams are lucky to have 1 TB player.

Others are 80% of team.

Few HS softball teams are alike, there is very wide disparity.

The common theme....you need 1 decent travel ball pitcher to be competitive. You cant take any girl and make her a good pitcher. Not every team has that.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Many HS teams are lucky to have 1 TB player.

Others are 80% of team.

Few HS softball teams are alike, there is very wide disparity.

The common theme....you need 1 decent travel ball pitcher to be competitive. You cant take any girl and make her a pitcher. Not every team has that.
ok thank you!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Life is full of regrets. Since you are not in HS yet there is time to improve regardless of you playing TB or Rec. Hitting at home, throwing, practicing fielding, getting in better shape. Those things don't require a team. Now if you can play at a higher level that would be great.

It's better to look back on life and say "I can't believe I did that." than look back and say "I wish I'd done that."
Manthan Sharma

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
Life is full of regrets. Since you are not in HS yet there is time to improve regardless of you playing TB or Rec. Hitting at home, throwing, practicing fielding, getting in better shape. Those things don't require a team. Now if you can play at a higher level that would be great.

It's better to look back on life and say "I can't believe I did that." than look back and say "I wish I'd done that."
Manthan Sharma
thank you so much! i try my hardest but things would be soo different if i did but i try my hardest to not care and think it was for the best. my sister was always the one playing travel volleyball and softball it was like all the focus was on her. i hope it’s not too late to play tb because i still want to after the hs season.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
There's a team out there for everyone that wants to play TB. You just have to find it. It sounds like you would fit in well with a sister team we have. Even at the 14U level, they work harder on individual player skills and game situations since the team consists mostly of 1st or 2nd year TB players That need more work on fundamentals than anything else. The thing is, there are at least 5 other teams in our area that are the same way. The opportunity is there for you so go get it.

Mia

Dec 21, 2020
There's a team out there for everyone that wants to play TB. You just have to find it. It sounds like you would fit in well with a sister team we have. Even at the 14U level, they work harder on individual player skills and game situations since the team consists mostly of 1st or 2nd year TB players That need more work on fundamentals than anything else. The thing is, there are at least 5 other teams in our area that are the same way. The opportunity is there for you so go get it.
yes i will try my hardest! do we live in the same state? and could i play travel after hs season or is that not possible because travel would be fun.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Travel is a lot of work and takes up a lot of time. The question is 'do you enjoy practicing?' Because while you are working on your game you are giving up other activities.

Reactions: Mia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee