Travel Ball Coaches: Team Insurance? What company/How much?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Has any coach, player, or umpire actually used this insurance? MY DD was injured twice in school ball, we used my insurance both times. The school said their insurance would cover whatever my insurance didn't. But my insurance covered everything, so it was all good.

May 29, 2015
Has any coach, player, or umpire actually used this insurance? MY DD was injured twice in school ball, we used my insurance both times. The school said their insurance would cover whatever my insurance didn't. But my insurance covered everything, so it was all good.

That is the million dollar question (literally!) ...

CoachJB55 said:
I use this insurance as well, and it has worked for everybody we have played with.

Also more cost effective than the others, which is nice.

... but what does "it has worked" mean? There are two things you need to be aware of:
  • Does the tournament accept the insurance to let us in?
  • Will the insurance company accept a claim when I'm playing in ABC Softball instead of ABBBBC Softball?
So consider a policy that not only meets your needs, but will actually meet your needs if you use it. Insurance is something we typically under-purchase, under-utilize, and rarely understand.

I think @flash277 's point is also an important thing to remember ... this stuff is cheap because it is SECONDARY insurance.

I'd be curious if anybody has contacted their insurance agent to see about a policy outside of the orgs. I imagine the orgs will have the best deal due to volume, but I'm curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802