Travel Ball Coaches: Team Insurance? What company/How much?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Just wondering what team insurance coaches are using to compare and contrast benefits/costs. I know for each part of country might be different based on org (ASA, USSSA, PGF, etc. etc.) your team plays in, but just wanted to get an idea of what people are using.

I've heard good things about NSA as an across the board coverage for all org/tournaments.

Jan 22, 2011
No particular recommendations, but I think a few years ago it became a better idea to insure individual coaches and players than just the team.

Mar 6, 2016
No particular recommendations, but I think a few years ago it became a better idea to insure individual coaches and players than just the team.

Sorry, for not clarifying...that's actually what I meant. As a coach of a club or travel team in different sports, you need insurance (for you) to cover your butt for a variety of things but it also helps cover the players too. For example when I coached a club basketball team, I used Sadler Insurance (youth team sports focus). But, it was pretty limited and restrictive in many ways.

Aug 20, 2017
You can insure your team through USSSA. Cost is about $175 I think. Can’t remember the name of the company they use

Mar 6, 2016
If I mostly plan to play ASA/USA or AFA or PGF tournaments out here in So Calif...does USSSA cover those other org tourneys? Not any USSSA much out here at all. I would assume ASA has it, but I thought I read where ASA is changing to individual and each player must get their own.

Nov 18, 2015
I'm 90% sure the USSSA coverage extends to other sanctions tournaments. IIRC, our league purchased USSSA coverage for each of our rec teams. I thought it was much less than $175 - I have $50 in my head for some reason.

NFCA also offers some legal support for members. The intention is probably more for wrongful dismissals at the HS and College level, but you may also be able to use it for a consultation regarding liability issues.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I've used AYSAA insurance for years. It's somewhere around $80 for the first years and $60 for the following years. It's a specialty insurance company and covers coaches as well.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I'm 90% sure the USSSA coverage extends to other sanctions tournaments. IIRC, our league purchased USSSA coverage for each of our rec teams. I thought it was much less than $175 - I have $50 in my head for some reason.

NFCA also offers some legal support for members. The intention is probably more for wrongful dismissals at the HS and College level, but you may also be able to use it for a consultation regarding liability issues.

Make that 100% sure...

"USSSA team insurance covers the play and practice of the insured sport, including organized /sanctioned activities of other associations.

General liability coverage is provided for players,coaches, managers, sponsors, and team volunteers."

May 1, 2018
You can use USSSA or USA coverage and it's easy. I think it all goes through Wilson insurance. I think it is $250 a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee