Transferring schools

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
Yes, she loves New England, so being 3000 miles from home is not a factor. Being closer to Boston might be good, because she feels so isolated. Right now I am just encouraging her to focus on her academics and kick butt on the field as they head to the Spring Games this coming week. I have also encouraged her to become part of a culture change and encourage more team interactions.
She might feel better about it once the season starts. Are you going down to watch her play? We fly down Friday to watch DD.

Aug 25, 2019
Remember..these 4 years are setting up her next 30 to 40 years. So she needs to be at a school where she is not only happy with softball,but the academic program. Good luck
Right! I'm amazed so many people put emphasis on softball first, academics second in college. Yes, my DD would like to play in college, but she wants to go for nursing. We will find the best nursing school for her first, and if it has a softball team that she can make, all the better, if not, I guess softball will be done for her. She understands that too.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Right! I'm amazed so many people put emphasis on softball first, academics second in college. Yes, my DD would like to play in college, but she wants to go for nursing. We will find the best nursing school for her first, and if it has a softball team that she can make, all the better, if not, I guess softball will be done for her. She understands that too.
My dd found a middle ground. Her school has a club team. She played for 2 years. Good team, much higher level of softball then I expected with about 10-20% of the time and responsibility of varsity ball.

Apr 20, 2015
Another perspective perhaps....my nephew went to school for biomedical engineering naia well respected school, played baseball ended up a business major because he discovered he hated his original major. My other nephew thought he wanted to be nurse, also played baseball at a juco where they were willing to work with his schedule, hated nursing is now a personal trainer. What our kids think they want to do is not necessarily what they will do so completely killing a sports dream in favor of another dream that might not pan out either may still not be what's best. I think finding a school that your child loves with multiple options of things your child is interested in that you can afford and they can play at is the ideal situation....unicorns and rainbows..lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2020
She played for 2 years. Good team, much higher level of softball then I expected with about 10-20% of the time and responsibility of varsity bal

That's what I'm thinking for my DD. How did you find out about schools that have that kind of opportunity?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478