Training Ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2020
Tomorrow we begin back our training.I have a list of exercises I am trying to add to, But need some good ideas that maybe y'all do.What could y'all recommend? What do y'all do when yalls team return to practicing? Let me know

Apr 23, 2020
Tomorrow we begin back our training.I have a list of exercises I am trying to add to, But need some good ideas that maybe y'all do.What could y'all recommend? What do y'all do when yalls team return to practicing? Let me know

Here is a conditioning workout I had our high school team do at the start of our open gym last night. The practice was in a gymnasium, so down and back was actually the width of the gymnasium with bleachers in, which was a little shorter than the length of the court. After spending a lot of time sanitizing during the first three workouts, I designed this one so that no equipment was needed.

1611319585415.png

Attachments

• UCHS Softball Conditioning Workout #4.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2015
In addition to the video (the author has posted on DFP in the past), found this article that also has some pics showing the positions you listed: Andrew Sacks Sports Performance.

I think I've come across his website in the past - there's some good softball-specific training articles on the site. I really liked the following quote of his:
If a joint’s mobility is affected, something is tight while something else is lengthened. Both issues have to be addressed if improvements are to be made.

It may not be a "100% all-the-time" absolute, but it's a good reminder to keep things balanced - if we strengthen the front, we should probably strengthen the back, if we're trying to accelerate our arm speeds, we better make sure our decelerators are up to the task as well, etc.

LexiSlater

IX Training with Lexi Slater
Mar 4, 2021
San Diego, CA

Here are some great ladder drills for infielders that work on balance, control and speed within fielding footwork.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802