Tournaments have Started -- Seeing any Broken Bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
Who do you ship with?...even with insurance, you shouldn't be over like 15 bucks or so unless your insuring for wayyyy over value.
I have seen people insure for way over value like they are going to get that money...haha. Bats are only 2 or 3 pounds

Nevermind, I just read who you used, that explains it :). My advice, use usps...and you can use click and ship right from your
computer and print the label out then just drop off at the PO and go. No need to wait in line. Will save ya atleast 10 bucks
a shipment and way more if you don't insure.

Thanks for the suggestion, that sounds a lot better than what I have been doing. Not to mention I had to ship over the Christmas holiday, so the twenty minute wait in line was brutal. Thanks again

Feb 10, 2016
Illinois
How old are the girls that are breaking bats? I want to know when I need to plan on increasing the equipment budget.

My daughter just turned 13, but I don't know that its necessarily an age thing. She broke bats starting at 10U, not because she's freakishly big and strong, just happened to be a failure with the bat. The LXTs we have broken have all failed at the joint, the Xeno developed an internal rattle, and the CF8 broke at the handle. The Ghosts have mostly cracked in the meat of the barrel, but she also puts a lot of swings on these bats so I don't really fault the manufacturer. Plus these have all happened under warranty and were replaced with no issues. It happens and has taught me to always have a back up ready just in case

May 21, 2018
How old are the girls that are breaking bats? I want to know when I need to plan on increasing the equipment budget.

My DD is 11 and broken 4 of the last 5 bats within 2 weeks of owning them. I think we are cursed. I don't think one other girl on her team has broken a bat yet.

May 29, 2015
My daughter just turned 13, but I don't know that its necessarily an age thing. She broke bats starting at 10U, not because she's freakishly big and strong, just happened to be a failure with the bat. The LXTs we have broken have all failed at the joint, the Xeno developed an internal rattle, and the CF8 broke at the handle. The Ghosts have mostly cracked in the meat of the barrel, but she also puts a lot of swings on these bats so I don't really fault the manufacturer. Plus these have all happened under warranty and were replaced with no issues. It happens and has taught me to always have a back up ready just in case

See Core, it‘s not just me being mean! ;)

Feb 15, 2017
DD's team mainly uses Ghost advance, 7 out of 11 use them (DD was only smart one to buy from core and not throw money away by buying at a tournament.) We have have had three break advances break and also one of the replacements break as well. So we have had 4 out of 8 bats break.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oct 5, 2015
Daughter's team has/had a contract with 20 bats. 13 broke after practice and 1st tourney. No comment on what they did for last 2 tourneys but season has now been cancelled so doesn't really matter

Oct 3, 2019
Daughter's team has/had a contract with 20 bats. 13 broke after practice and 1st tourney. No comment on what they did for last 2 tourneys but season has now been cancelled so doesn't really matter
That's too bad. Our season hasn't been cancelled, Travel or Rec but, expecting it any day now. We're in CA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802