Tournament Snacks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
So you're cooking at the tournament?

Do you check wind direction beforehand to make sure the umpires are getting a good whiff of what you're cooking? :)

Mar 26, 2016
Fruit, protein bars, veggie straws, rice cakes, PBJ sandwiches, beef jerky, when we use to play closer to home I'd make sure to cook a healthy breakfast as well.

Now we are never close to home I'll find a Whole Foods and get the above along with a bag of trail mix and granola from there dispenser things.

Aug 3, 2019
I became the Gatorade guy. 5 gal cooler of Gatorade on ice for all games. No worries about having enough to keep everyone hydrate.

Lots of fruit and other healthy stuff shows up.

If we can fit it in, I get to mini grill out, spilt up items between family and cook burgers and dogs.

And of course sunflower seeds. Who knew they came in so many flavors.

Sep 18, 2016
Our girls have really gotten into those cheese sticks wrapped in salami. Also pinwheels were asked for every weekend this fall. They travel well, are packed with protein and can pop them in their mouths quick when you are doing back to back games all day.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
We make Hawaiian roll sandwiches a lot. They are quick, easy, and taste good. Save/collect mayo and mustard packets from fast food restaurants. Easier and cleaner than having bottles in the cooler.

If we don't do sandwiches, we make a simple pasta salad with the Classic Suddenly Salad box mix. Just make it like the package and then throw in the stuff you like. The kid likes tuna and halved grape tomatoes. Sometime I also throw in some sliced black olives and chopped up fresh spinach. If I had my choice, we would make it with shredded chicken, but tournaments are all about the kid, so I lose that battle and eat the tuna. This is easy and keeps well in the cooler.

We also keep GoGo squeezes and cheese sticks in the cooler for when we have to run up thru the losers bracket with back to back to back games. Especially on hot days, we go thru these fast.

Tournaments are expensive enough just with the travel, we do our best to stay away from the concession stand and food vendors. One hot day in Texas trick (they are almost all hot year around here), when the DD wants a snow cone and she is still playing and doesn't need the super infusion of sugar, we get her a snow cone without syrup and she pours Gatorade over it. It's not truly a snow cone, but it's a compromise she will accept.

Dec 11, 2019
Mine always wants the concession stand, and won't eat PB or deli meat on a sandwich. Drives me crazy! We do a team lunch on Saturdays, which helps. We mix it up, but tend to pack

Babybel cheese
Nutbars from Costco
MadeGood banana granola bites
Watermelon
Mango
Veggies and dip
Pretzels and hummus
Belvita bites pouches
Trail mix
Clif bars

We bring watermelon pretty much every week. It disappears :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23