Total Newb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
@clemenslee1 That is awesome to hear that your daughter wants to become a pitcher.

Both my daughter wanted to pitch (8/10) and I knew nothing about the sport or pitching.

So... it was a long road... a lot of hard work... and a roller coaster of emotions... but we made some wonderful memories.

In addition, it taught them many life lessons that made them amazing people as well.

P.S. I would offer you and your daughter some FREE help, but last time I did that... the discussfastpitch.com website owner deleted my post because they said: "It was considered advertising..?" 😟:cautious::cry:

Oh well... I guess we can only help others for FREE... on their website...

“To do more for the world than the world does for you, that is success.”
Henry Ford

“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
Mohammed Ali

“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
(Matthew 7:12)

Thanks for encouragement.

Oct 4, 2018
Me after she issued to 2 BBs in a row:

clTosE2.gif

Amen to that.

I tell my DD a walk is like an error on the pitcher. And that almost every walk (in 10U "B" ball) turns into a run.

May 20, 2019
Amen to that.

I tell my DD a walk is like an error on the pitcher. And that almost every walk (in 10U "B" ball) turns into a run.
We are concentrating on minimizing PB/WP and not getting upset with BB at our house. We concentrate on building proper mechanics and control will come with reps is what I tell her. 10u rec ball with rookie pitchers though so walks are quite plentiful!

Oct 4, 2018
We are concentrating on minimizing PB/WP and not getting upset with BB at our house. We concentrate on building proper mechanics and control will come with reps is what I tell her. 10u rec ball with rookie pitchers though so walks are quite plentiful!

Minimizing Wild Pitches will certainly cut down on walks (or should). As your DD gets better at locating, you'll have discussions about where to locate with 3 balls that will keep the walks down. And as her strike percentage gets near up over 60% you'll see the walks go down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45