Total Newb

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Hi guys,

A while back, I came on here because DD wanted to pitch then decided against doing so. Fast forward yesterday she told me after her practice with her team that she wants to now. LOL. She is 9. Needles to say all the pitching coaches around here seems to teach the HE method. I know from reading the stickies on this forum and watching video of the best that they perform I/R. The good thing is that she is a fresh slate to start from. Not trying to change habits that she may have learned. So, I like any good parent, want to try and put the best foundation forward for success. At this point it looks like I'm going to be the one doing the teaching, which DD did say she wants me to teach her. Just like I have been with Hitting etc. So I guess, I'm asking where do any of you suggest I begin. I've read and will re-read the stickies over and over. Should I just start by teaching her how to play catch using I/R or what? Thanks for any advice!

Oct 2, 2017
Concidered it LOL. When she told me that, I was smiling on the outside, but dying a little on the inside LOL. That being said, I'm willing to put the effort in to learning as much as possible to help do it.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
There was a time that I steered my DD away from pitching because I didn't want to put in all the extra work. Then, I encouraged her to be a catcher. I'm an idiot.

Good luck, clemenslee1. Props to you for your efforts in helping your DD develop in this game she loves. Stay patient.

Oct 4, 2018
If I were to start over, I'd get that video and just do that for about 2 weeks.

You know the one. The video. Just the drills teaching IR.

Oct 2, 2017
If I were to start over, I'd get that video and just do that for about 2 weeks.

You know the one. The video. Just the drills teaching IR.

Did I miss a video LOL What is this Golden Video you speak of? I've watched the one on youtube, of Javasource on I/R

Oct 2, 2017
There was a time that I steered my DD away from pitching because I didn't want to put in all the extra work. Then, I encouraged her to be a catcher. I'm an idiot.

Good luck, clemenslee1. Props to you for your efforts in helping your DD develop in this game she loves. Stay patient.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Your not an idiot your DD is one hell of a ball player from what I've seen.

Jun 8, 2016

It wasn't the work I am worried about, it is my mental state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812