Top reasons for LSU giving up 17 runs to Tennessee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
LSU holds Alabama to 3 runs in 3 games last weekend. Then, this weekend so far they've given up 17 runs in two games to Tennessee.

Top reasons for why LSU is a softball Jekyll and Hyde:

(1) They ran out of Red Bull at Baton Rouge.
(2) Tennessee fans promised them one bead necklace for every run they allowed.
(3) Rachel Fico (LSU's pitcher) received expert advice from Daddy about how to pitch.
(4) Umpire was near-sighted last weekend.
(5) Umpire was near-sighted this weekend.
(6) Tennessee is using the new DeMarini depleted uranium bats.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Make it 24 runs in three games! Although, Tennessee did give up two today. I was listening to the end of today's game on the way home from my DD's tournament. The floodgates opened after an LSU assistant went berzerk arguing with "blue", kicking dirt and was quickly ejected. This stemmed from two LSU batters being called out for contact outside the batters box. Reason #7: COACHING!
Reason #8 Tennessee is playing better ball than anyone in the SEC. (Did I mention I live in Knoxville haha.)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I like Tennessee...I can't figure out what the heck is up with LSU. One week, they sweep Alabama. The week after, they get trounced by Tennessee. Very strange...

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I seem to recall last year the long time coach of SC was retiring and she appeared to be phoning in the last couple of games. I did watch part of Saturday's game and learned their long time coach was retirning. While I didn't notice any indiffernce on her part, perhaps she is coasting towards the finish line. That and Tennessee just looks like a really good team.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
I seem to recall last year the long time coach of SC was retiring and she appeared to be phoning in the last couple of games. I did watch part of Saturday's game and learned their long time coach was retirning. While I didn't notice any indiffernce on her part, perhaps she is coasting towards the finish line. That and Tennessee just looks like a really good team.

Interesting but I don't think the LSU coach Yvette Girouard is mailing it in...here is her resume!!

Courtesy: LSUsports.net
Release: 01/28/2011
31st Season Overall
11th LSU at LSU
Career Record: 1,245-403-1

NATIONAL HONORS
2005 National Fastpitch Coaches Association Hall of Fame Inductee
2001 NFCA National Coaching Staff of the Year
1990, 1993 NFCA National Coach of the Year
Seven-Time NFCA South Region Coach of the Year
Second-Winningest Active Division I Coach
Third-Winningest All-Time Division I Coach
Fifth-Best Winning Percentage Among Active Division I Coaches
Fifth-Best All-Time Division I Winning Percentage

POSTSEASON ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Five Women's College World Series Appearances
One of Three Coaches to Lead Two Programs to the WCWS
19 NCAA Regional Appearances
10 National Top 10 Finishes

CONFERENCE HONORS
2001, 2002, 2006 Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year
2000 Sun Belt Conference Coach of the Year
1984, 1985, 1987 Southland Conference Coach of the Year
Nine Conference Championships (UL-Lafayette was Independent from 1988-1999

Dec 28, 2008
I like Tennessee...I can't figure out what the heck is up with LSU. One week, they sweep Alabama. The week after, they get trounced by Tennessee. Very strange...

Like you I'm bewildered that with all of the focus on the mental game, and sports psychologists etc, that some teams can't seem to string together any consistency or fight. They are just hot or cold. TN barely is certainly playing very hot right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598