Top Club

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
We'll be there too, albeit in the 14u division. Field is absolutely stacked, it probably will be more legit than PGF and Alliance

Jun 8, 2016
We'll be there too, albeit in the 14u division. Field is absolutely stacked, it probably will be more legit than PGF and Alliance
Nice. I will probably try and make some of the 14U games. Buck Thomas is only like 20 minutes from my house.

Nov 8, 2020
Fly there Saturday night. Didn't even know about this one til a month and a half ago, I guess they figured 2 trips to Oklahoma this summer was better than 1.
Staying in Norman but it looks like the 16s play somewhere called Choctaw, hope it's close, hope there's good BBQ nearby. Hope the hotel bartender knows how to make a Michelada

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2020
Nice to hear of talent in 12's.
Maybe get to see them at pgf nationals in premier?
Play against teams on west coast like 12u Mercado Athletics R&R.
Thought all the Mercado teams were doing Alliance. PGF in Orange County sounds so much nicer than Oklahoma City, especially going there twice in a month.

Jun 8, 2016
Fly there Saturday night. Didn't even know about this one til a month and a half ago, I guess they figured 2 trips to Oklahoma this summer was better than 1.
Staying in Norman but it looks like the 16s play somewhere called Choctaw, hope it's close, hope there's good BBQ nearby. Hope the hotel bartender knows how to make a Michelada

Choctaw is like 40 minutes or so from Norman. The field you are playing at, Bouse, is all turf (well IF is all turf) so bring turf shoes/tennis shoes. No metal cleats allowed. You will get a break from the heat. It has been mid to upper 90's all week but a cold front is coming in Monday and supposed to drop it to the 80's.

Nov 8, 2020
Choctaw is like 40 minutes or so from Norman. The field you are playing at, Bouse, is all turf (well IF is all turf) so bring turf shoes/tennis shoes. No metal cleats allowed. You will get a break from the heat. It has been mid to upper 90's all week but a cold front is coming in Monday and supposed to drop it to the 80's.
Good lookin out on the turfs, all the girls have them, it's what they're supposed to wear before putting on the cleats because all the Crocs and Birks and Van's slip ons didn't look "Pro" enough
It's been hot as balls here, 95 or close to it for a week, 80 sounds nice, though a lot of the girls, my kid included, are at the beach today where it'll only get to 76 or so.
The org is sending a half dozen or so teams to this one and I believe they want most the teams to stay at the same place....or maybe the kid just likes Embassy Suites cause she gets her own room and knows I like the free bar.....she picked where we are staying. Getting there Sat night though means 2 days of finding Bar B Que and Micheladas before games start on Tuesday

Jun 8, 2016
Good lookin out on the turfs, all the girls have them, it's what they're supposed to wear before putting on the cleats because all the Crocs and Birks and Van's slip ons didn't look "Pro" enough
It's been hot as balls here, 95 or close to it for a week, 80 sounds nice, though a lot of the girls, my kid included, are at the beach today where it'll only get to 76 or so.
The org is sending a half dozen or so teams to this one and I believe they want most the teams to stay at the same place....or maybe the kid just likes Embassy Suites cause she gets her own room and knows I like the free bar.....she picked where we are staying. Getting there Sat night though means 2 days of finding Bar B Que and Micheladas before games start on Tuesday

I think they play at Marita Hynes if they make it to Sat. so bring cleats too. In terms of BBQ, Van’s Pig Stand on Porter Ave in Norman is pretty good. TBH, I liked the BBQ better when I lived in North Carolina 🤷🏽‍♂️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802