Top 10 Pitching Expert Drill Demonstrations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Doug,
With all due respect, I'd put Osterman's CB in a live pitching scenario as a proper demo for this thread. Littlejohn's clip is better than mine as it represents great movement in full motion. What little girl is going to look at an old dad and say "I want to throw a slow, step-style CB just like him"?

Ken

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Doug,
With all due respect, I'd put Osterman's CB in a live pitching scenario as a proper demo for this thread. Littlejohn's clip is better than mine as it represents great movement in full motion. What little girl is going look at an old dad and say I want to throw a step-style, slow, CB just like him?Ken

Mine... right now.... Took her to breakfast with my tablet... showed her the thread... 2 .gifs and the stills. She said she's got it. That Fast !!!!
....of course she'll fire it up... ect !!!

I think this belongs here because it has captured the process of our holy grail. The M. Hanson principle. This is a Demonstrations of how to make a Demonstrations.... See a pitch... figure it out... film it... make a .gif. This is the Process for all things Softball :cool: Thx Again Ken B. Going to go to work on the KenCurve... TODAY !!! Post Tonight :cool:

Here is an example of doing the same with Fielding...

ShortStop~YouTubeClip

ThrowOut.gif

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Bump...

Okay, I found a college student who did a little translation. While it's not a translation of everything that was said (the student only knew some Japanese), once you get into this clip a bit, you will find the gold, particularly when "brush" is discussed.

Additional translated segments to come...

Where is the additional Japanese translations?.... Dropping the ball Doug :p

Jul 20, 2013
Top 10 list of pitching expert drill demonstrations (in no particular order).

This is definitely one of them. It's simply mesmerizing!

Top 10 Drill Demonstration - Rick Pauly:

1.gif

Thanks, Perfect Circle and Crystal Brown, for posting this on another thread.

The other video from the original thread, I think it's called "tight" is also very good. Where he asks the girl to "pose" like she's at muscle beach. I think the above video and the "tight" video really helped me.