Took DD to a bat demo day....opinions wanted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We did try every softball bat they had there...LXT, Xeno from Louisville, Ghost & Stealth from Easton, the demarini Insane, but she kept gravitating back to the Axe.

I think at 18 years old, headed off to college next ( program does not currently have a bat sponsor), she probably knows what she likes by now..but who I am??? Just the mom that would her the world lol...

Heck yeah!!! Let her swing what she wants mom. Don't "make" her swing something else because someone else likes something or doesnt like something or because more are
seen on TV. And again, the bat IS made to be hit on the one side more...so no worries.

Btw, just shop around...never pay retail. And Axe has been in business for a while, not some new company.

Chris Delorit

Apr 24, 2016
Green Bay, WI
The Axe handle has been around many years to be honest, not really a "new" trend and when they developed this bat, they know that only one side is
being hit, so it is built a little diff to withstand the one side hits. not saying if its good or not, just saying its not new at all.

Also, your statement about "proven brands" also is the reason why they can take advantage of you. So just don't put too much merit in the fact that
so and so is using so and so bat. Especially in college where a team may have to use a certain bat sometimes.

All great points Core.

When I mention proven, it's meant as performance-wise. Individually, inner circle of hitters. What's hot out of the wrapper and can consistantly perform for a hitter.

Similarly to what you've mentioned, not based off of a sponsorship or who's who.

Watch what the best hitters are using. By best hitters, who's having alot of success and is the ball electric off of the bat. Your (the player & parent) own eyes and ears will tell you alot. Then swing the bat yourself.

You can also talk to those players or coaches. You can even talk to...Core. ;)

Good luck mom.

Chris

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
One thing I've learned with my DD. She likes to swing what she likes to swing and has confidence in even if it's not what everyone else is using. If the Axe is what your DD wants to swing, then get her one. Just tell DHL you have absolutely no idea how it miraculously got ordered and ended up in her bag;)

Aug 7, 2017
Looking for a heavier bat to replace my DD's -13. Looking at the 31" Easton Stealth Retro -10 or the 31" Easton FS1 -11. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Looking for a heavier bat to replace my DD's -13. Looking at the 31" Easton Stealth Retro -10 or the 31" Easton FS1 -11. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

I haven't seen a lot of data on actual weight of the Stealth Retro, but the FS1 typically runs more than an ounce over sticker weight. 3 ounces is a pretty big jump for a smaller, younger player. This may cause struggles and possibly some mechanical issues. My best guess is that a -11 that is a little more true to sticker weight might be a good call.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now

A drop like you're discussing such as a 3 ounce drop is HUGE! I would recommend going to a drop 11 in the same length as long as her mechanics and swing speed don't suffer. Might I suggest a Demarini Sprite? The longevity is there and the bat has had great reviews on here from current and past owners.