Too much curveball brush contact?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
:D

Love the Brush Interference.

I haven't done much research on the topic, but should the curveball have less BI than the fastball?

Nov 8, 2018
:D

Love the Brush Interference.

I haven't done much research on the topic, but should the curveball have less BI than the fastball?

No actually. Brush should be consistent for all pitches. Which creates consistency in spotting the pitch. Moving your brush contact around would be a hazard. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 18, 2019
Clearly banging. Not brushing.
Ouch. Get an elbow pad till she figures it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we figured it out with her coach yesterday. Hips were turning creating contact. Was only a 2 day phenomenon. Her curve has always been 1-2mph faster than her fastball and I wonder if more contact has been a contributing factor. If that's somehow what it takes, I'll take the slower pitch.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Like Doc suggested, she’s actually not getting enough brush and is releasing too far from the thigh. Her forearm is contacting the hipbone. Get the elbow to tuck into the soft area behind the hipbone, which allows the forearm to wrap/roll/brush below the hipbone like:

1601266652556.gif1601266735023.gif

Jun 19, 2013
Like Doc suggested, she’s actually not getting enough brush and is releasing too far from the thigh. Her forearm is contacting the hipbone. Get the elbow to tuck into the soft area behind the hipbone, which allows the forearm to wrap/roll/brush below the hipbone like:

View attachment 19441View attachment 19442
Post church pitching practice is my favorite videos of Ken :) Now we need to get A. in for some more curve ball lessons it seems . . .

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse