Too late for class of 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2012
Feeling behind the 8 ball in all of this. Have most colleges filled roster spots for the class of 2020? I thought there was more time...:eek: Do certain positions get filled(recruited) earlier than others?

DD has attended college/exposure camps and is playing a lot of showcase tournaments this year. That's the extent of it.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pitchers are by far #1, C #2 ... then everything else.

Comes down to money. If you don't need it or can get it outside of softball they are all still recruiting.

Dec 23, 2014
WI
Feeling behind the 8 ball in all of this. Have most colleges filled roster spots for the class of 2020? I thought there was more time...:eek: Do certain positions get filled(recruited) earlier than others?

DD has attended college/exposure camps and is playing a lot of showcase tournaments this year. That's the extent of it.

I would think not..

Jun 16, 2015
Following this too. DD is a 2020 recruit, likely DII or DIII if we're lucky. Unfortunately the schools she likes are DI. Grades are first with us, and she's looking at either pre-med, pre-law or criminal justice. She's on a good 16U travel team, but is the youngest at 13 and so far, not a stud. Should we be aggressively seeking a home now? We're doing all we can with the right team (GREAT fit, this cannot be understated!), batting and pitching lessons weekly. But I don't feel like we should be beating down the bushes. How do you walk the line between finding a good school versus enjoying the ride?

Edited to say we don't need money. Well, we could always use it but a scholarship is not necessary.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not know much about it but I think she is a little young still.

If the college she wants to go too is in your area I would go to their camps.

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
2020 grads aren't in high school yet. There is still time for almost all schools.

That being said the girl must be well on her way skill wise and start narrowing down options soon for those top spots. Schools, even D1, will recruit all through high school. Keep in mind D1 teams have a very wide range in talent.

Nov 18, 2013
It depends. If your DD is looking at mid major D1, D2, D3 or NAIA there’s plenty of time. You’re still on the right track if she’s looking to go to a major D1 school. In addition to the camps and showcases she should be talking to coaches and scheduling visits at her top schools. Create a skills video and softball resume to send to schools she’s interested in. If you don’t get a response right away, be persistent.

If you wait, there’s still hope for a major D1. Some schools will say they’re out of money, but when it comes to crunch time they’re taking new recruits right up to the summer of senior year. I wouldn’t hold out for a particular school this long, but if the dream is to play in college it’s rarely too late.

Sep 29, 2014
How old is your DD?

Do you mean college class of 2020? That means your DD is a senior now? If so then she should have her applications in to the schools she wants to go to, your FAFSA paperwork should be in and awaiting acceptance letters with 30 days or so? I'm confused.

If she does not have any of this done, I'm not sure what you are asking?

If on the other hand you mean she will graduate HS in 2020 she has plenty of time, only a few real studs and top pitchers have linked up with top schools, there are tons of opportunities for scholarships with great programs.

Oct 2, 2012
HS class of 2020. She's 14 . She's got a great GPA right now. Career path/major aren't nailed down which makes college choices little harder to narrow down. There's so much talk about girls verballing early its difficult to get a read on the actual timeline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee