Toni Paisley & Esia FootDoctor team up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 17, 2020
Your marketing gimmick of connecting your #footdr approach is nothing new.
Sports trainers have applied this approach and are resources available that address the same issues.
Which you seem to ignor.
Then while you know nothing about me, posturing trying to suggest i'm upset then proposing I dont know what i'm speaking about is a defensive flaw in your approach.
Then claiming "The difference is that 100% of those who have experience with my work dont get it from any other instructor"
Frankly find your arrogance an insult to the other educated professionals working with athletes.
100% certain.

I still don’t understand where I came here to “market”? I was sent this discussion by others.

Secondly, I don’t understand where the “defensive flaw” comes in to play when I’m not offended by you nor by anyone asking what I teach. Educated discourse and discussion is how we move performance forward yet you don’t and haven’t yet provided any of that.

There’s people in here genuinely interested in what I’m doing. I’ll respond to those. The same way I respond to those who take the time to email or call me for questions/consultations.

Dec 17, 2020
I think that the 2-step drill puts the drive leg in the same place/position that FD does, it matches with Monica Abbot's. I'm not sure how much the stride leg can contribute. For one thing the pitching motion has a 'rolling' start rather than the static start that sprinting has. I understand that they have similarities but they get there from different directions.
Why do we have to have a rolling start in pitching? It’s propulsion and acceleration. The majority of kids who rock through laterally shift their pelvis and create back leg knee extension from their pelvis going back (the exact opposite of what EVERY sprinter is taught). How the body gets to hip extension is vastly more important that “looking like” it happened. There’s one of the flaws of just taking a photo of a pitcher who’s “successful” or comparing a still shot of a “sprinters lean”.
If you want to create the greatest horizontal projection possible, you’re never going to do it that way.

Dec 17, 2020
Dr. E,

Do you have any prescriptions for front side resistance?

And how would you rate the first pitcher in this montage drive wise?

I think his front side is outstanding. Toe straight up. Glute and hammie dominating. The second guy looks more akin to what you see commonly. Im interested into how you would rate/critique this drivewise.

Front side landing should been a succession of intramuscular coordination. It’s on my YouTube.
I’d rate it as a knee dominant motion that misses the opportunity to use the horizontal projection of the calf/ham/glute

Feb 25, 2020
Front side landing should been a succession of intramuscular coordination. It’s on my YouTube.
I’d rate it as a knee dominant motion that misses the opportunity to use the horizontal projection of the calf/ham/glute

Can you watch the last pitch at 7:14 and say that it is knee extension dominant on the front side?

I think it is hip extension. Just like all other big moves by the body. It's just deceptive because the foot is out in front. It doesnt project the body forward it projects the torso backwards.(or at least stops it going forward). Big whip

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
OK, so I'm going with the stride foot contributing provided it is not flat footed when straightened for the H formation. And by raising the stride knee instead of just stepping forward, the hips are more naturally forced forward. Finally, and I think the best, it's the shoulders starting the open to 45 move while the lower half continues forward.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Why do we have to have a rolling start in pitching?
Because we do, pitchers aren't waiting at the rubber all loaded up just waiting for a starting gun to go off.

When I look at video I don't see how the stride leg can add much energy to the drive, maybe there's a small contribution from the calf. I was really hoping the guys using the QOH for the stride foot would chime in her and compare the settings they use for both the stride and push off feet.

Dec 17, 2020
Because we do, pitchers aren't waiting at the rubber all loaded up just waiting for a starting gun to go off.

When I look at video I don't see how the stride leg can add much energy to the drive, maybe there's a small contribution from the calf. I was really hoping the guys using the QOH for the stride foot would chime in her and compare the settings they use for both the stride and push off feet.

1) I’m the reason we started using QOH for stride foot. Rich has my number and I’ve gotten multiple purchases for him from coaches at the private and division 1 level.

2) “because we do” is the type of dogma that kills me. We’ve done testing on force plate data comparing the starts and ability to create true momentum. Rocking or rolling for 90% of pitchers DOES NOT create momentum because they fail to move their entire mass in the same vector (physics definition of momentum). They have pelvic shift, poorly timed back swing, and shoulder impingement.