Toni Paisley & Esia FootDoctor team up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
This cues do get it done when the education is given and instruction proceeds to allow what is learned to be felt using specific exercises/drills/movements/activations (whatever word works) for that athlete.
There is nothing I can’t get an athlete to feel and that expertise has been gained fro
work on the prehab/rehab/post injury side of my work. Thousands of hours with injury and performance clients from gen pop to pro athletes (NFL, euro soccer) has additionally molded that ability.
The marketing light bulb of connecting your rehab work to softball is not a new gimmick.
Nothing surprising here. This is explaining the same damn thing anyone can experience from almost any instructor. Instructor teaches, offers drill work, student learns words that are cues and address area's to improve.

Bulleye is correct I don’t think anyone is trying to claim any new technique. However I have paid for several pitching instructors dvds to learn how to help my DD get better at pitching and none of them ever mentioned any of what fdesia has to offer. Us bucket dads out there need all the help we can get. No one is trying to claim their the best everyone just seems to explain the same thing differently and I am trying to put all the pieces together. I thank everyone that helps me. i’m just still looking for any updated information.

Feb 25, 2020
I first said I dont know how important this foot stuff is. It is very important. But it is not something you can just tell your player to do. It takes a concerted effort focused on mobility and reworking the way the body works.

This guy is focused on "knee pain" and vertical jump but his method directly applies to all things athletic. Including pitching/hitting/anything.

Dec 17, 2020
The marketing light bulb of connecting your rehab work to softball is not a new gimmick.
Nothing surprising here. This is explaining the same damn thing anyone can experience from almost any instructor. Instructor teaches, offers drill work, student learns words that are cues and address area's to improve.

Why would I need “marketing” on a site I’ve never received any business from nor need it. My work has always spoken for itself.

The difference is that 100% of those who have experience with my work don’t get it from “almost any instructor”.

You’re rather upset at things and people you don’t know in this forum. That energy could be spent elsewhere.

Dec 17, 2020
So what am I seeing here? Honest questions. One is better or just different ways of push or what?

They are both results of how the athlete is creating/applying force into the ground. The movements provide context to how athletes perceive or have been told they should “drive”. I look at these things to provide information and then we explore root causes at the level where ground reaction forces aren’t transferring into takeoff.

Unfortunately, even at the highest levels, the interpretation of sprint science application, specifically early acceleration, is poorly taught in softball. I didn’t learn pitching or explore it first. I made a living working with athletes at the NFL, euro soccer, and Olympic rugby level to increase and understand early stage acceleration and explosiveness, while having my local athletes. When I look at pitching I view it without bias towards what any person in softball has said should happen or who does it which way, or “but she’s successful”. I go by what the movement task is, which is explosive first movement from a staggered start. If you’re not in optimal positions that decades of solid research on this task have shown in EVERY other sport, I’ll tell you, regardless of who you are.

Dec 17, 2020
Put a Queen of the Hill under her stride foot and you will find out real quick if she is actually pushing with it or not.

Anyone can push or teach how to. Money is made in the ability to move with the reactive force.
Power and reactivity aren’t the same. I love the QOH and I’ve sold a few to several private coaches AND D1 universities on Rich’s behalf. What I love even more, is an individual who understands anatomy, physics, and acceleration performance that use the QOH to help an athlete understand they can achieve a click through both vertical and horizontal projection, but only one is going to maximize their ability to “drive”.

Dec 17, 2020
This video will give you the basic idea. There are similarities with Java's Drive Mechanics.

This video was made in direct opposition to that specific letter H image used in Java’s 64 page drive folder. The folder itself has a ton of great info, but lacks context. Sprinting in general is NOT pitching. The block start, the moment of force application and reactive force are the only tie ins. The letter h “sprinters lean” is not anything elite sprinters are doing and the image used is at a completely different phase than what it is being likened too.

Dec 17, 2020
:) uhhh ohh now its getting close to discussions in technical hitting...which leg does what...why...how...hit off front leg, or back? Where does power come from...?

@ArmWhip like your thinking of different styles of mechanics!

If I’m getting an opportunity to start staggered, move straight ahead, and my goal is to “get as much drive as possible”, why would I only use one leg? Serious question to you both @ArmWhip ?

If I change the intended end task from a pitch to a race but keep the same stance, then wouldn’t everyone start looking at you funny if you only pushed with one leg?

Furthermore, acceleration is just that, increasing speed as quickly as possible through increase of force (f=ma), and science blatantly tells us the the rear limb provides increased force into the front during acceleration based movement from static (starts) and dynamic (locomotion) positions. It baffles me that because I introduce the task of pitching, you’ll then forget all other hard science on increasing acceleration and horizontal projection.

Oct 26, 2019
If I’m getting an opportunity to start staggered, move straight ahead, and my goal is to “get as much drive as possible”, why would I only use one leg? Serious question to you both @ArmWhip ?

If I change the intended end task from a pitch to a race but keep the same stance, then wouldn’t everyone start looking at you funny if you only pushed with one leg?

Furthermore, acceleration is just that, increasing speed as quickly as possible through increase of force (f=ma), and science blatantly tells us the the rear limb provides increased force into the front during acceleration based movement from static (starts) and dynamic (locomotion) positions. It baffles me that because I introduce the task of pitching, you’ll then forget all other hard science on increasing acceleration and horizontal projection.
Pushing with both legs seemed to click for my DD when I asked her to get a stealing lead from first base and tell me which leg pushes first. That made her realize that her rear leg does the first initial push then followed by her lead leg.

Dec 17, 2020
Pushing with both legs seemed to click for my DD when I asked her to get a stealing lead from first base and tell me which leg pushes first. That made her realize that her rear leg does the first initial push then followed by her lead leg.

Fantastic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood