Toni Paisley & Esia FootDoctor team up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
The Achilles being stretched isn’t the exact focus, it’s the interaction with the calf. If the ankle goes through full ROM as you’re driving out that is a knee extension dominant movement and will achieve more calf/quad interaction only allowing force to be expressed at the angle you drive from. Often we ask athletes to use hips but they can not structurally do so unless joint orientation or angles change. The Achilles interaction when loading is more Isometric (what we want) in more explosive movers. This is trainable.

My 10-year old daughter started with a new pitching coach recently, and after an initial evaluation she was given a lot “toe” exercises (among other things) she has to do everyday to help her become more rotational in the hips. I’m guessing this is the reason behind it. It reminds me of Karate Kid training.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
I’ve also posted about foot “turn out” a while back as well and NEVER said it was bad.

Some of what “I teach” is being taken in poor context (there are unique differences in Rachel’s more recent pitching fyi). I care what the foot tells us about pelvic change (linear/rotational). From a health and torsion perspective, where it’s movement we want or not, the hip, knee, and foot agreeing in the direction they are creating, reacting, absorbing energy is vital.
Pelvic Driven Change vs Torso Driven Change in Posture.mov

So what am I seeing here? Honest questions. One is better or just different ways of push or what?

Aug 21, 2008
So what am I seeing here? Honest questions. One is better or just different ways of push or what?

That was my question. I'm wondering if this is something new and inventive or a part of the pitching motion that they believe is simply under taught. I'm looking forward to the answer.

Merry Christmas everyone, or whatever you may celebrate or not celebrate.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its an interesting topic with multiple variables.
Natural pronations or not, like how people plant their feet from birth.
Flexibility issues could be #1 on this topic.
Even how some people bones and joints are naturally set at little different angles.
Muscle memory challenges.

Each student/athlete has to learn their individual body.

Some have to learn how to do what others already do too much.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
One thing that he says that I'm having questions about is the stride leg providing some drive in addition to the drive leg. With some pitchers the stride leg 'swings' and the pitcher is a one legged driver, others get some drive from the stride leg. ?????

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
One thing that he says that I'm having questions about is the stride leg providing some drive in addition to the drive leg. With some pitchers the stride leg 'swings' and the pitcher is a one legged driver, others get some drive from the stride leg. ?????
:) uhhh ohh now its getting close to discussions in technical hitting...which leg does what...why...how...hit off front leg, or back? Where does power come from...?

@ArmWhip like your thinking of different styles of mechanics!

Oct 26, 2019
I know my DD is taught to push with the glove side foot first and then the arm side foot. Now whether she actually does that or not is another story, but she is supposed to.

Mar 28, 2014
I know my DD is taught to push with the glove side foot first and then the arm side foot. Now whether she actually does that or not is another story, but she is supposed to.
Put a Queen of the Hill under her stride foot and you will find out real quick if she is actually pushing with it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812