To you who are sharenting way to much info behind your kids back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020

Our daughters best friend at 13 just found out her dad has an ongoing blog about her on a softball forum. She stayed up all night looking at postings her dad has been making about her for years. Filled with photos, video and conversations they have had He never told her be was doing this.
She found out from another parent. The 13 year old confronted her dad and said
I will never be able to trust you again.

Our daughters friend is devastated by the turn of event. She does not want to interact with her dad anymore. Cant blame her.
Parenting is tough enough without loyalty issues.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
How much personal information was being shared? If the daughters reaction was so severe I’m assuming a fair amount.

We’ve had (and will continue) to remind DD that once something is on the internet it’s there forever. And for everyone to see. So things we share of her softball experiences take that into consideration. Even photos/videos I share are checked with her first.

Apr 9, 2020
was it posting in a negative way, deep family secrets or discussions? thats terrible to have that mistrust at such a long age . parents are supposed to be the Childs security blanket.. hope time heals that relationship..

Oct 4, 2018
I know of a dad who is keeping a softball blog for his DD, and writing it pretending to be her. Seems really disingenuous and who knows if the girl even knows. But we all know it's him writing the posts in her voice. Whatever, but not sure what good can come of it.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I know of a dad who is keeping a blog for his DD, and writing it pretending to be her. Seems really disingenuous and who knows if the girl even knows. But we all know it's him writing the posts in her voice. Whatever, but not sure what good can come of it.
Interesting that you say that. There is a poster on here that I suspect is the parent of the DD posting acting as the DD. The poster's grammar and language is not of a HS/College kid.

Oct 4, 2018
Interesting that you say that. There is a poster on here that I suspect is the parent of the DD posting acting as the DD. The poster's grammar and language is not of a HS/College kid.

Same thing here, in reverse.

The posts simply have words and thoughts and foresight that a 12 year old doesn't have. You can tell it's not written by the girl, even though it's "I played well yesterday but felt that..." and such.

Plus, other parents have told me flat out that he writes it.

Mar 8, 2016
My DD would gladly agree that I am posing as a parent. She may very well have posted such thoughts on line. I am fine with that. She is probably right. My poor spelling and grammar skills are not an indication of my teenage DD posting as me but of the shortcomings of my genes and education.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478