TM vs JF

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Launch quickness ? Bat speed behind him ? Jeff doesn't understand or teach mechanics.
zxfM9eT.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rich's pattern works but none of his hitters movements match his claims of the best..

FaMpaSK.gif

Sep 19, 2018
I'm confused, are you saying Michael Jordan didnt know what he did, he just did it. As far as my war analogy goes, watching a video can never replicate being in war.

I think the point is, just because someone is really good at doing something, does not mean they will automatically be really good at teaching it.

Let's be honest though, if I had to choose a coach (before knowing anything else), I'd pick the MJ or Barry Bonds over Georgie from the local hitting cage :)

Sep 19, 2018
I 100% agree, but to say they don't know what they do or did just blows my mind.
there has been a good bit of discussion on this lately. Jennie Finch is the poster child (Poster Coach??) for this. Slo Mo video very clearly shows her mechanics are different from what she teaches.

A-Rod has come under fire here. In a video he performs and describes some isolated movements. Watching his game swings, he obviously does something different. So the argument ensues:

"He doesn't even know what he is really doing."
"Yes, he does, it is an isolated Movement."

Nov 4, 2015
I'm confused, are you saying Michael Jordan didnt know what he did, he just did it. As far as my war analogy goes, watching a video can never replicate being in war.

I'm saying Michael Jordan may not be the best at coaching someone to do what he did. Often times the most successful coaches/managers were not the great players, but rather the grinders. Michael knew what he did, but did he know how he did it and be able to explain it. You are right about watching video of war can not replicate being in it. But there are those that fight the war and those that plan the war. These two are not always interchangeable. There are those that are skilled at executing a plan but not good at developing the plan and vice versa.

May 12, 2016
You should never call someone a fool. God is pretty clear about using that word.
But TM acts like hes god.. so I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe it applies to him. If you don't follow "HIS" pattern then you are hamstringing your career.

Frye obviously doesn't have a clue about mechanics.. so the whole interview was pointless. Two things I got from that interview, Frye should just be quiet about mechanics. TM solidified my thoughts on him being a complete immature jerk.

Just because Frye doesn't have a clue about mechanics doesn't make what TM teaches anymore valid.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Complete waste of time. Both claiming some kind of victory when both were trying to prove different things. So, I guess they both got out of it what they wanted.

Nov 4, 2015
If you get a chance, listen to the podcast where TM was by himself. He was a different person. He showed up on this as his twitter persona and came off as a jerk. He may be. I don't have a dog in the fight, but when he was simply talking to the two hosts on the podcast, he was more in a teaching mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598