Tips for required plane travel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2017
Hi! Looking for any tips/suggestions in regards to flying for a tournament. Originally we were going to drive, but we changed our plans. Getting close and my nerves/anxiety is setting in.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You are going to need to check her bat, ship it or check it.

If she wears metal cleats same thing.

Everything else carry on.

Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
Wife and DD2 have been traveling a lot. Put all her gear in rolling catcher bag. Metal cleats have been ok to carry on everywhere they have been. DD2 carries on her cleats and glove with a ball in her backpack. The ball usually gets a 2nd a look because it shows up as a round mass. Once TSA sees the ball all is good.

Jul 14, 2017
Can I put the bat in our luggage and then carry-on her Boombah bag filled w uniform/cleats/helmet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have had trouble with metal cleats so I would check those in.

Basically carry on every thing that she needs to play.

Have her wear sneakers on plane.

Worse case she will need to wear sneakers and borrow teammates bat.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Uniform jerseys and glove in carry on... everything else gets checked.

It is not a big deal. You can replace or borrow everything else.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
Uniform and glove(s) are carried on.

Check everything else. We just flew this weeekend and one of the parents even checked her folding chair with an umbrella shoved down inside.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Under NO circumstances should you check a glove or uniform, always carry them on. Bats and cleats are easily replaced, but a glove and uniform, not so much...

Oct 5, 2015
Uniform and glove(s) are carried on.

Check everything else. We just flew this weeekend and one of the parents even checked her folding chair with an umbrella shoved down inside.

and collapsable cooler in the bat bag, priorities! :)

Also never have had a problem with cleats, maybe they are just too worn down. So my kids always carry-on uniforms, main glove and cleats. More recent trip, one kid did get pulled aside for search of bag because of softball in the glove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802