Tinsley, 8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Here are 3 hitters who are just getting started. They played at 10u C for the most part last season. I consider these swings as the jumping off point. They did work hard on their pitching this off season and not so much on their hitting. This off season we will work on hitting as well. It was just the case that they were going to the be the pitchers for a new team and their first experience of travel ball, so everytime my niece called me over she wanted to work on pitching (my niece was the coach for their team). They did learn how to pitch in one off season and during the season.

Next time I'll get live toss as well. Just went with tee today.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Brave man working with 3 that age..I have a tough enough time working with 1 :LOL: (well I hit
my 4 YO DS as well but at that age you just throw to them..)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not an arm-swinger! I suspect this one will transition well towards a better swing pattern fairly well. Move the "center" of her swing out of her rear foot, and things may start shaping up nicely.

I'm very curious to see her progress. :)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She is sooo close. Have her throw bats. Right now she would throw them in the dugout (3 rd base side). "Move the "center" of her swing". and throw them up the middle.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She is sooo close. Have her throw bats. Right now she would throw them in the dugout (3 rd base side). "Move the "center" of her swing". and throw them up the middle.

Yeah, I have to stop her from rotating so much (the back foot anyways). Thanks, I will try to have her throw the bat.

Apr 25, 2019
Excuse my ignorance and I don't mean to derail any conversation but what program are you using with all those stats? That's pretty neat and I have never seen it before.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Excuse my ignorance and I don't mean to derail any conversation but what program are you using with all those stats? That's pretty neat and I have never seen it before.

It's called Blast motion/sensor. It's a sensor that goes on the knob of the bat and an app on my phone for the Blast sensor. I use an iphone because like the swing shown it is at 120fps and it can go up to 240fps. The app will work with iOS and Android phones/tablets. Look just below this thread and you will see a recent discussion on phone and Blast sensor. The metrics you see on the clip are just a few of the metrics it records.

What I think is cool, is you can see early batspeed and when max batspeed happens.

It's cheaper to buy it from Amazon then the Blast website. The prices changes on Amazon and this is even cheaper then what I paid.

Blast sensor

There is even a cheaper way of doing it described in the iphone/sensor thread below.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Guys, She is really narrow with her feet as she swings. Should I go with a bigger stride or just widen the base?

As Eric said you want to move the center away/out from the back foot.

Or do we want to go no-stride and widen the base?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802