Timing issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Those are exactly what we are exactly the things we are seeing. We are also seeing two of them really want to rotate their hand over the top at release for some reason. What does TTL stand for?
Not sure what TTL stands for?? As far as hand position at top, show the ball to the catcher, then palm up down the backside or at least lead with the pinky, its a pull, not a push. Some coaches, HE, will teach hand on top of ball at 12, results in a push. Pay attention to elbow and hand during the backside

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
The head coach of our team and myself have started to work with a couple of the girls on the team in regards to IR. All 4 were taught HE, clear the hips, etc.
Obviously there are a lot of challenges but this place has offered a ton of help and just showing the girls many of the videos from here has made a world of difference, so we thank you.

One thing we consistently see with all the girls is a timing issue.
All four tend to have foot plant when their arm is past 9 o'clock. I would say anywhere from 8-7. Usually this ends up with the release of the ball being way past their hip eliminating any chance for brush.
Any ideas or drills to get the foot plant closer to 12-11 o'clock like we are seeing from most of the high end pitcher videos?

how far are they trying to stride out to? while there's nothing wrong with striding to 8' it's not always best for every pitcher. over striding can mess up the timing.

Apr 7, 2014
I do think that may be some of the issue. Some of them are jumping up and out and the arm is getting around well before there can be any front side resistance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478