Timing Issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2018
My dd has a slight timing issue.
Her arm is a bit ahead of her 3 o’clock position on mound detachment. She is also opening a bit early as well.
Any tips, sayings, concepts, drills, techniques to help her get that timing down and keep her driving out longer before turning.

Thanks gang. You all
Never disappoint.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Think about the hips, knees, nose and toes driving squarely towards the target. Can’t really comment on the timing without seeing it.

Nov 8, 2018
Think about the hips, knees, nose and toes driving squarely towards the target. Can’t really comment on the timing without seeing it.

Working on driving straight out. Keeping drive foot, chest, lead leg toward catcher. Lead leg still turns early and her arm is past 3 on detachment.

Aug 21, 2008
DrRiello, I rarely comment on videos posted but, i think you might be micro managing here a little. If anything, I can see the "open" thing you're talking about but it looks like it might be caused by the dreaded "swim" of the glove hand. While it looks tame here in your video, and in slow motion, I'm guessing at full speed with a glove on, the arm swings out pretty far. That will pull the shoulders open. Put a sticker on her pitching shoulder and have her pitch towards a mirror... if she can see the sticker in mid motion, she'll know she's opening too soon.

Bill

Nov 18, 2015
When is the front leg supposed to straighten? It looks like any FSR is occurring well after the ball has been released - her front leg doesn't stiffen / straighten until her arm is nearly chest level. Is this a "cause" or an effect of something further upstream?

Nov 8, 2018
When is the front leg supposed to straighten? It looks like any FSR is occurring well after the ball has been released - her front leg doesn't stiffen / straighten until her arm is nearly chest level. Is this a "cause" or an effect of something further upstream?

Gags. I took another look just to make sure and not really seeing what you’re saying. Maybe I’m missing something but to me it looks like she’s applying a lot of force against her body as she’s coming through the release zone. As far as I know not too many pitchers straighten land leg out but have some flex in the knee. I do see hers move slightly as she slides forward but the ball would be gone by then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812