Timed Play?????????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
I think this one reason PGF and USA elite select are doing so well with high level teams. PGF is almost always 80 or 90 minute finish and sometimes a full 7. Usually games on the 2hr mark. Now for my 9u team I appreciate the 65 min games because we might have to throw 3 pitchers in 1 inning just to get 1 to throw strikes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feb 8, 2019
Every rec and touarment I done have time limits I love calling a game but I'm not sure I want to be out there 4hrs for one game
Even middle school ball has time limit

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
DD just finished her middle school softball season and each game had a 90 minute time limit, even the championship game, which I couldn't understand. We also had a 10 run per inning rule that we thought was ridiculous. Pretty sure the "rules" are discussed and negotiated between the AD's before the start of the season. 10 run rule is crazy in most aspects but was somewhat helpful during the season as some of the teams DD played against needed all the help they could get including a stop loss mechanism. Not sure why the schools adjusted from NFHS rules...

May 6, 2015
DD just finished her middle school softball season and each game had a 90 minute time limit, even the championship game, which I couldn't understand. We also had a 10 run per inning rule that we thought was ridiculous. Pretty sure the "rules" are discussed and negotiated between the AD's before the start of the season. 10 run rule is crazy in most aspects but was somewhat helpful during the season as some of the teams DD played against needed all the help they could get including a stop loss mechanism. Not sure why the schools adjusted from NFHS rules...

they sdjusted from NFHS rules because they needed to get games to a completion point. it is MS ball (which we do not even have), it is developmental, there is nothing developmental about watching a girl walk in a couple of dozen runs for anyone.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Anybody who has sat through 2+ hour games shouldn't have to ask why 2-hour time limits exist.

If I'm there for more than 2 hours, I'd better be watching that Oklahoma/Florida 17-inning game.

Oct 4, 2018
Two hours at 10U? Consider yourself very, very lucky.

We just played a tourney with 60 minute timed games. Lucky to get in 3 innings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478