Time to post my DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Rdb ... in HI-like terminology ... would you say this girl "gets her back into it"?

Not from my perspective.

At some point this lady's torso-engine should be addressed.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_pgeleuClnp1usf292o1_500.gif

Rdb ... in HI-like terminology ... would you say this girl "gets her back into it"?
No. That's what is missing.
Keeping with the HI theme. Hitter establishes a corner than bleeds the corner.
Here is where it's real noticeable:
tumblr_pgel20NcVU1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_peyrf1jEPC1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_oql6jqYg7Y1usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Very close IMO. The fix however needs to be made in the torso-engine.

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about an adjustment in the timing of when the hips and shoulders are opening relative to each other? My thought in that regard is that the shoulders opening too early may be contributing to the "around" finish. I'm just guessing at this point. My DD is an example that I don't know the answer, but it may also relate to the hitter in this thread.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
with all the talk about tight wrist and not unhinging have you tried different grips. Make sure she not choking the handle. The PJ swings were her best and looks like she was going in the right direction. IMHO

May 12, 2016
Is this ideal and normal? I am seeing this quite often with a lot of our amateur hitters, they seem to stand taller through out the swing. Not so noticeable with this girl.. but it's still there.

2018-10-11 1-12-36 PM.jpg

Apr 16, 2013
I'm having a little trouble following, but trying to get it. When we're talking about bleeding the corner, are you talking about how she releases her arms a little and somewhat "reaches" for the low pitch?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Can you elaborate? Are you talking about an adjustment in the timing of when the hips and shoulders are opening relative to each other? My thought in that regard is that the shoulders opening too early may be contributing to the "around" finish. I'm just guessing at this point. My DD is an example that I don't know the answer, but it may also relate to the hitter in this thread.

The initial pull by the torso-engine should be more akin to what is demonstrated late in the video below.

Instead this kid is using her torso to yank the barrel forward and out front.

Get the initial action of the torso-engine correct and good things can happen.

Apr 16, 2013
Been a while since I updated this. I haven't had her work on any changes to her swing in quite some time. She just turned 16 last week, playing 18u now. Averages 1-2 homeruns per weekend, sometimes more. Still bats right around 500. Only thing I see is her still pulling her front shoulder just a tad at that last split second. Just filmed her at our usual field we practice at, didn't pick any one special swing. Doing BP she typically puts around 50-70% over the fence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478