Time to post my DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man

Here she is at toe touch.

1) The rear forearm is flat, not vertical like almost every other kid. This is why she is having success.

2) She could stride another 2-3 inches with her rear leg. Notice that her neck has not advanced very far from her back foot

Apr 16, 2013
This was taken from today at her showcase. This went over the scoreboard. No idea how far it went. If you have a big screen maybe you can see it. My laptop has a 15.6" and once it leaves the bat I can't see it. Unfortunately I can't attach the lynkspyder to the netting so that really hurt the view, but they at least had a fence behind it that I was able to attach it to. One of these days I'll take my phone and record from the side and see what her mechanics look like against live pitching. Oh, went 6 for 7 today. The BIGGEST thing wasn't a HR or any hits... she laid down her first bunt EVER! Her new coach says he wants to make her a threat everywhere and will ask her to bunt. She might have been asked to bunt many many years ago in LL baseball, but I sure as heck don't remember it. Funny how successfully laying down a bunt lit up her face like it did. :)

Apr 16, 2013
A sacrifice or for a hit? Can she run....??

Anyway, nice hit. From the swing it didn't really look like she got all of it but I say that about 90% of HR I see hit in softball.
She got a hit and an RBI. She's fast once up to speed, but those first 3 steps she loses out to other girls. Her new coach is really pushing her, and she absolutely loves it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478