Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2011
NC
I want to know where you can learn to throw PROPERLY for less than $50!

Honestly $50 is not bad, I talk with a lot of college coaches number 1 complaint they have is players are not taught how to throw properly, its not deal signer but it could be a deal breaker. I did find the information to be very good, sure there are parts of it that are a bit complex, but if you take the time to read it all then read again, and then refer to it often, there is some valuable infomation in the ebook.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I like the ball on the bottle you made. I also use an arm behind like this for warmups. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes sir that's it. It has helped all of my rec team players. The more experienced are throwing harder and lower, meaning fewer over throws. The less experienced are just throwing better and more consistent.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mo'ne Davis ... 13-year-old girl with 70-mph fastball .....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/mo-ne-davis-makes-history-as-first-girl-to-throw-little-league-world-series-shutout-210329288.html

de7bm0.jpg

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I think that most writers are really needing to dumb down their info, anymore. Not because they can't explain it better, but I am running into some really stupid people, that lack comprehension skills. If you are writing for the general public, you need to realize that a lot of people lack reading skills. I see it on the Internet, especially. The headline can say "the suspect died" and people will say "hang him." ?? I learned a lot from the e-book and I have picked it apart, frequently. I want to throw OH, correctly and I believe that it is harder for females.

Amy, can you describe why it's harder for females?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. Many times (most times), our shoulders are so much smaller than a man's. Our strength is in our hips. I can teach a boy to throw overhand much more easily than a girl. Girl's keep thinking "I need to push this." Then, there is the size of a man's hands. Coach Candrea always mentions in his clinic that the softball gods should have given women a baseball and men the softball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812