Throwing hand placement with runner on first, catcher in throwing stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The throw down to second pop time has been what my daughter has always battled with the most in her game. She is now at the point where she is deadly accurate in placement of the throw, but still needs to bring her speed up a bit. She’s hanging, but needs to get quicker. I know she’s more comfortable with that hand in the shadow behind her glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pop time is often affected by what happens before the ball is released (footwork, transfer, throw mechanics) than it is actual throwing velocity. For many players that struggle with quick pop times, one of the first places I look is their feet. Slow footwork slows down everything else. Speeding up the tempo of the dance can make a huge difference.

This is what a 1.8 pop time looks like...

Jun 27, 2018
I agree with all that Eric. It just seems she can get a little more zip to the throw. And it seems it’s only that throw down to second. She is working on that transfer and footwork as well. It’s something she is always fine tuning it seems. She has improved a lot over the last year. It is a work in progress. BTW Maddie looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478