Thoughts please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
That would only work if they throw overhand correctly no? Which is a big if..Or is the feel of an incorrect OH throwing pattern still good enough for this purpose?
The drill is done in a very relaxed manner similar to what you would do when first warming up so technique is not important. I also do not let them get into a set position for the slingshot or full motion, it's not pitching. I want it as free form as possible, I want them to explore and be creative, find new patterns. Keeping the tempo slow and easy allows them to feel the way they move.

Jun 8, 2016
The drill is done in a very relaxed manner similar to what you would do when first warming up so technique is not important. I also do not let them get into a set position for the slingshot or full motion, it's not pitching. I want it as free form as possible, I want them to explore and be creative, find new patterns. Keeping the tempo slow and easy allows them to feel the way they move.
Got it. So just the idea of playing catch vs feeling something (eg whip, something some kids won’t feel when throwing OH..)

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Got it. So just the idea of playing catch vs feeling something (eg whip, something some kids won’t feel when throwing OH..)
Every deliberate physical action begins with an intention. Having the intention to throw a pitch activates a specific motor pattern, when just playing catch the actions/patterns are not as tightly defined, allowing for more experimentation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45