Thoughts or Suggestions 2nd year 8u DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You know I'm not a professional.. lol. But common sense tells me to go very very slow with any changes, even in the off season. She has a great base swing to work with. Like most people are saying, ahead of the curve. I'm not saying don't look for improvements, but any suggested changes I would get lots of feedback from various sources.. that's just my two cents.

Agreed 100%. There is no need for her to perfectly match the mechanics of top hitters in the near future. That's the long term goal, not the right-now goal.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Having been through this with five kids, any season before HS or college isn't important and it's time to make changes to see if they work or not. It may not seem like it when they are younger, but time is your biggest enemy in fastpitch.

Oct 4, 2018
Coach looks scared... that's a good sign. Congrats! That's one nice swing, she's going to be a good one. Unreal coordination for somebody that age

Yeah, he's about 6-12 months away from where I am with my 10U girls -- I will never pitch to them without a screen.

Oct 2, 2017
Your DD has a very huge stride! I really like the way she swings. Keep it up.

She has always had a stride like that. At one point I kind of worked with her on making it a little shorter, but was pretty difficult to get that to change. So I just left it alone, for another time.

May 9, 2019
She has always had a stride like that. At one point I kind of worked with her on making it a little shorter, but was pretty difficult to get that to change. So I just left it alone, for another time.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with that long stride. My DD had a long stride too, but never shifted her weight forward like yours does so it works out perfectly fine.. almost bryce harperesque!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802