Thoughts on this swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Controlled stride, looks to be down to with a leveraged core, good stretch. Not a lot of shoulder tilt, elbow never get parallel to ground. Sequence is good though. I like watching her head. She tracks the ball to contact. Overlooked aspect of hitting. Chin down. Head under control. I see a lot of young hitters that “peak” at the ball with their head up

Jun 3, 2021
Outer part of the plate she was just ahead. Middle in OK point of contact is just late for middle in. Needed to clarify. Can’t tell location after a couple views

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Look at the bb to letters stretch. Force production in the right place. Enables an uncompensated launch.. no need to pull out, push or cast. can hit anything.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I recently got a PM about speed and its creation. It stated that the hands, arms and wrists create the speed. I agree totally w that. BUT in order to get the hands across the body without dumping, casting, pushing or dragging the bat you gotta use the core and it’s contraction so you don’t have to compensate to create speed and use one of the above flaws. All of which create ‘holes’ in your bat path and will hinder your ability to adjust when needed. Each flaw creates different holes.

the core isn’t all of it. But it starts the swings speed without a flaw to obstruct. It’s all one system at the end of the day. Everything needs to be right to be as efficient as possible.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I recently got a PM about speed and its creation. It stated that the hands, arms and wrists create the speed. I agree totally w that. BUT in order to get the hands across the body without dumping, casting, pushing or dragging the bat you gotta use the core and it’s contraction so you don’t have to compensate to create speed and use one of the above flaws. All of which create ‘holes’ in your bat path and will hinder your ability to adjust when needed. Each flaw creates different holes.

the core isn’t all of it. But it starts the swings speed without a flaw to obstruct. It’s all one system at the end of the day. Everything needs to be right to be as efficient as possible.
Interesting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802