Thoughts on this swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
1602433440355.png

I've seen it countless times on here.. show a pic of kid in this position.. conclusion, bat drag. But just because it's Bellinger .. can't be bat drag.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
View attachment 19617

I've seen it countless times on here.. show a pic of kid in this position.. conclusion, bat drag. But just because it's Bellinger .. can't be bat drag.
i would agree this looks drag, but i think there is a lot to be said about the camera angle. I feel that bat drag is more a result of the additional supination of the rear forearm with little to no hand advancement which has the elbow slotting and advancing ahead of hands. That being said, i don't see the the severe supination that i think would accompany a bat drag. You can see a gap still between elbow and hip which i would assume would be closed if this was drag.

I am not a fan of a swing where the hands are farther away as i think it causes a longer time elapsed swing, but as others have said i assume he is adjusting to a pitch he wasn't expecting.

Oct 2, 2017
Elbows leading the hands = bat drag ... as many would say
How I define it is as, bat drag - is the dumping of the barrel behind and it has to be dragged through the zone. When I see the elbow leading the hands, I call that Elbow Drag. Usually elbow drag is accompanied by bat drag. Although not in ever case (MLB players for ex) you often see them together in youth and amature swings. JMO not that really matters :ROFLMAO:

May 12, 2016
How I define it is as, bat drag - is the dumping of the barrel behind and it has to be dragged through the zone. When I see the elbow leading the hands, I call that Elbow Drag. Usually elbow drag is accompanied by bat drag. Although not in ever case (MLB players for ex) you often see them together in youth and amature swings. JMO not that really matters :ROFLMAO:
I agree Clem.. the point I am trying to make is we shouldn't always jump to conclusions .. amateur or pro. What I see happen a lot on here when we see a young girl or boy in this position ... it is classified as arm bar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom