Thoughts on this Antonelli Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She definitely has a couple frames of push but don't know if she's making an adjustment to the toss or not.. I would look at addressing her hand set (bring it closer to the arm pit).

Aug 20, 2017
One thing I though was interesting was how he described getting to the inside of the ball. For the record, I’m a “Down To” guy. Been coaching long enough. Seen too many misalign under. How does the “down to” crowd teach hitters to get inside and not around?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
One thing I though was interesting was how he described getting to the inside of the ball. For the record, I’m a “Down To” guy. Been coaching long enough. Seen too many misalign under. How does the “down to” crowd teach hitters to get inside and not around?

I don't teach an inside out swing.. Pitch is out you go with it, pitch in you turn on it... His fear of swinging around is caused by ABAF movement IMO.. From the leveraged position she swings from I would like to see all the pitches she apparently was swinging around.. Her barrel appeared to be in the zone long enough to not swing around most balls like he described..

May 12, 2016
Around the ball can happen when the hitter has no or little posture, they drop the bat/hands in the zone in order to get behind and through the ball. You can still be down to if you have good posture and "get inside". JMHO

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I don't teach an inside out swing.. Pitch is out you go with it, pitch in you turn on it... His fear of swinging around is caused by ABAF movement IMO.. From the leveraged position she swings from I would like to see all the pitches she apparently was swinging around.. Her barrel appeared to be in the zone long enough to not swing around most balls like he described..
I'm not sure if this is what you're implying, but staying inside the ball is not an "inside out swing."

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
In the 'after' clip, the lower body is much worse, and the upper body is much better, at first, then it's bad.

He sounds like he means well. But, he's lost. He should spend some time here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802