Thoughts on Slashing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Showing bunt, pulling back and swinging. I’ve had a bunch of players that this helps feel a good running start. My keys are set your feet and legs Like your normal stance, only bring hands and arms forward (don’t rotate chest to pitcher), hands and front elbow around neck level with hands and front elbow even, slowly come back and don’t stop, roll right into stride as you are pulling bat back. Thoughts on slash?

Sep 1, 2014
It is good for girls who are having timing issues. I have also seen some go to it on two strikes. Alabama and Florida had a bunch of hitter do it a few years ago.

Dec 11, 2010
Dd’s College team did this constantly. Saw a high percentage of swings that were not on time.

They also did not practice it. Just did it in games. It is a mystery to me why you would do something against the best pitchers a hitter would ever face that you have not practiced. Probably why it didn’t work. And the more the hitting stunk as a team, the more they did it. But they stuck with it by gosh.

Nov 16, 2017
Slashing is a great move to setup a bunt. Keeps 3rd and 1st from crashing down so far that a bunt is useless. Got to keep them guessing.

Key to doing is well is show real early then read the defense. If the defense crashed hard pull back early and smoke um, (3rd base doesn't want to eat it), if the defense is thinking fake bunt and hangs back then bunt. It is like in Football when you have to read a linebacker to know to cut in or take the edge. Let the defense dictate what you do to maximize your advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802