Thought process

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Something I've noticed with my DD as well as watching other players her age, is the thought process in the swing when comes to launch. They seem to think more of the shoulders and upper half as moving laterally rearward, almost like a side bend. As seen in the red arrow, vs Down and through. What do you guys think causes this and what do you do to solve it? I would think more understanding of the use of the core.
Inkedcd45cf6b9ae4c1e251fbef04606eb666_LI.jpg

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The thought process once leveraged fyb is to hit the ball out front vs behind you. While aiming for the top of the ball.

0trijCT.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Right its how to get them to think in that manner. Probably its just habit.

For sure and probably... A lot of high tee with level liners where the shoulders have to remain level for most of the swing could help. The way your DD sets her bat angle will be tough.. she’s vertical through the zone. You could set the bat on the shoulder during the drill or somewhere in between. If she’s at one end of the spectrum gotta get her back to the middle.

Oct 2, 2017
For sure and probably... A lot of high tee with level liners where the shoulders have to remain level for most of the swing could help. The way your DD sets her bat angle will be tough.. she’s vertical through the zone. You could set the bat on the shoulder during the drill or somewhere in between. If she’s at one end of the spectrum gotta get her back to the middle.
One end of the spectrum as in bat angle through the zone?