This year's team:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Good stuff Cannonball! I haven't seen Triad play yet, but have heard they are very good all around this year. Highland Varsity is off to a surprisingly slow start. On the other hand DD is on JV most of the time, and they are undefeated so far.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, so how am I going to get the kid out? LOL Our JV has only played one 7 inning game. We have some work ahead of us but we will have fun. As you know, when our schools get together, anything can happen. BTW, you saw me work with all of those kids this past summer and so, you know their work ethic and your dd is right there with them.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The injury bug is killing us. As a coach, I feel defenseless when a player gets injured and instead of going to our trainer, goes to a Doctor who then sets some outlandish length of time for that player to return. "Outlandish" like out the rest of the season etc. when, after a week, that player is asking to practice and play. Not only can we not allow them to practice or play, we have to be very careful about what we say. I had this conversation with another coach this week and the reason for this post is that this coach had 3 players playing catch behind their dugout who all are out multiple weeks and yet, can hit and play catch on their own. As this coach related, there are two factors for this. First, naturally, the Doctor wants to error on the side of caution. The second is that players/parents want the player healthy for TB season. It does get frustrating.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Did I say injuries are killing us? Lost #1 pitcher and #4 hitter. We are now down to 9. We had the HC call for a player and so, played a part of the game with 8. So, we were one out from a 10 run rule win and the other team scored 4. Then, they scored 3. We had to struggle for a win. It seems it will be rinse and repeat for the rest of the year.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I can't believe I am typing this. We just lost another starter. She had her appendix swell up and have to be removed. I don't know how we are still able to field a varsity and JV. Two JV starters are now playing varsity. I have lost my #3 and #4 lineup hitters and #1 pitcher. I did get one girl back from injury. This is one of the most bizarre seasons I have ever seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802