This past weekend:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
NO, NO, NO, ... Hey, you are the one person that I have not bored to death about the kid. I knew someone was out there. I have high spirits now knowing that I can repeat my pasted and re-pasted stories and there is a new set of eyes for them. I'm so happy! LOL!

I didn't know either. I thought "BB" was a take-off on "DD" that everyone else uses to talk about their daughter and your username. Since you are "Cannonball," I assumed you used "BB" (as in a pellet gun) to describe your daughter, a smaller cannonball.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Actually, BB really started when another coach said that when she threw a pitch, she made the ball look like a "BB." From there people started calling her BB and it just so happened that her initials were "BB." Now, it has evolved to "BB" to represent her name. Funny how that happens. I was called "Cannonball" by my high school coach. That got shortened to "CB." My brother's name is Carl. So, when someone talks about "CB," many people in the area I grew up in have to determine if someone is talking about my brother or me. LOL! When I was coaching either baseball or softball and my team played in that area, the newspapers still referred to me as, "Cannonball." To tell you how that nickname stuck, I graduated HS in 1975. I'm old!

So are you also responsible for the infamous "Cannonball coming" line in Caddyshack?

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
NOPE. I was given the nickname "Cannonball" when I took out a SS and 2B on different attempts at double plays. One broke his arm and the other broke his leg. Or, I guess I should say I did that. So, coach gave me the nickname saying that when I slide into second, I'm like a Cannonball taking people out.

Cue Miley Cyrus...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28