This One Is New To Me - No Bus !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
My DD is playing at a new high school this year and I learned this evening that players (parents) are required to get themselves to away games (no bus). I'm hoping by posing this question plenty of people will jump on it and tell me this happens at a lot schools and it's quite common. That being said I've been in and around sports for most of my life and have never heard of high schools not bussing their players to the games.

May 29, 2015
The only time I have ever heard of it is private/parochial schools. In fact, I had been told one time by our AD that we were not allowed to drive players, even our own daughter, to games. My daughter had a mid-afternoon doctor appointment and it made more sense for us to go straight to the game rather than backtrack to the school. No dice. I was told it was a liability issue to transport a student to a school function in a private vehicle.

Then again, my feelings on that AD have been posted here before. ;)

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2015
very common in cincinnati area. DD's high school last 4 seasons, jv and varsity both, 5 road games had busing. All other away games were car pool. And this is a Huge D1 sized school district.

Aug 25, 2019
very common in cincinnati area. DD's high school last 4 seasons, jv and varsity both, 5 road games had busing. All other away games were car pool. And this is a Huge D1 sized school district.
Thats odder then no busing at all. Why only some games

Jun 22, 2019
Ours has a softball bus that has the mascot on the side and it’s a smaller bus with a spot to set their bat bags. Never heard of a school not bussing the kids to all away games.

parents can not drive kids to games at our school, they must ride the bus to the event...we can sign them out and drive them home after the event.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802